𝟐| 𝐚 𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

CHAPTER TWO:

A TERRIBLE FIGHT

LATER IN THE DAY, Y/n found herself walking inside her yard at her home, her horse and Milan by her side, the boy having his horse

LATER IN THE DAY, Y/n found herself walking inside her yard at her home, her horse and Milan by her side, the boy having his horse. Milan had refused to leave her side upon seeing how sad she was. Standing on the porch, the girl's father gave his daughter a smile when they met eyes.

However, he frowns when she looks away, opening up the gate towards the barn. The man looks to Milan, seeing the boy sadly shaking his head at him. Milan gives his best friend a longing gaze before he starts walking back to his place with his horse.

Meanwhile, Y/n unhooks her horse from the straps, dropping them on the ground as she looks down in the water below her, seeing her reflection staring back at her. Letting out a sad sigh, she moves a piece of hair out of her face.

"Look at me, I will never pass
For a perfect bride.
Or a perfect daughter."

Walking away, she takes off her jewelry as she watches her mother walk up to her father, giving him a sad look and a shake of her head, just like Milan had did. Looking down, she walks a little away from her house as she takes out the cage with Cri-Kee inside, releasing him on a tree branch.

"Can it be I'm not meant to play this part?
Now I see, that if I were truly to be myself,
I would break my family's heart."

The girl walks across a bridge, walking near a lake as she leans against a statue.

"Who is that girl I see staring straight back at me?
Why is my reflection someone I don't know?"

Walking away from the lake, she climbs up the stairs towards her ancestors temple, reading all the carving on the inside when she makes it up.

"Somehow I cannot hide who I am,
Though I've tried.
When will my reflection show who I am inside?"

Kneeling in front of one of her ancestor's grave's, she looks at her reflection, using her sleeve to wipe off all the make-up, then putting her hair out of the bun that was created.

"When will my reflection show
Who I am inside?"

Holding the comb her mother gave her, Y/n walks back out, soon seating herself at a bench near the lake, underneath a tree, while playing with her hair. The sound of a throat being cleared his heard, making her look over, seeing her father standing there. She looks away, which only makes her father seat himself beside her.

"My, my. What beautiful blossoms we have this year." Her father speaks up, pointing at the tree above them. "But, look, this one's late. But I'll bet that when it blooms, it will be the most beautiful of all."