𝟓| 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐢𝐠 𝐟𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

CHAPTER FIVE:

THE BIG FIGHT

THE NIGHT SKY was up and out in China as the crickets were loud as they chirped in the tall grass they hid in like they always did

THE NIGHT SKY was up and out in China as the crickets were loud as they chirped in the tall grass they hid in like they always did. Tents could be seen set up near the same river the soldiers and princesses had fallen in, along with a fire with logs around it as the flames should keep the people who were awake warm during the cold night.

Some stars could be seen high in the dark sky as it shined down on the civilians of China. Only a few hours had gone by since the group had fallen off the cliff and into the water below and they had been able to save almost all of their supplies that they'd need for their mission to escort the princesses to Qui Gong like they Emperor told them to.

At the moment, Y/n was placing a towel over a stick that she had connected with other ones as it was near the fire to dry it out. The others had gone to sleep while Milan ventured in the girl's direction, the map they had in his hands after speaking with Shang earlier. Hearing the sound of his footsteps, Y/n glances over at her fiancé as she folded the cloth around before placing it over the stick, hoping the flames could dry it out.

"I've seen happier princesses." Y/n speaks up.

"That's the least of our problems." Milan replies as he kneels down, opening up the soaked map, causing it to rip. "There's a mountain pass between here and Qui Gong. Shang told me it takes us through bandit country, but it's the only way."

"Why not just follow the river?" Y/n suggests, pointing at the river.

"Because the river is not on the map." Milan tells her.

Y/n shrugs. "It's bound to go past a town. And where there's a town, there's a road."

"There's no town on the map." Milan states as he rolls the paper up.

"Well, then maybe we should just forget the map and wing it." Y/n replies.

Milan shakes his head. "We can't 'wing it'. We need a new plan. We have three days. What if we get lost?"

"Then we pull over and ask directions." Y/n simply tells him, chuckling a bit with a shrug.

"We don't need to pull over and ask directions. We have a map." Milan reminds, looking back down at the ripped up map.

"What is it with men and asking directions?" Y/n asks.

"What is it with women and maps?" Milan fires back, stopping in front of her as he raised his voice a bit.

Y/n raises a brow. "Oh, you're saying women can't read maps?"

Almost right after, they were speaking over one another as they began to argue about what women and men can't do and can do and what they do do. At the sound of a voice cutting in but stopping at the sound of their arguing, the couple look over to see Yao standing there awkwardly.