𝟒| 𝐚𝐜𝐜𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞

CHAPTER FOUR:

ACCIDENTS EVERYWHERE

THE SUN WAS shiny as it was slowly rising up high in the sky after a day or so had gone by since the soldiers had left the Emperor's palace with the Emperor's three daughters and making their way to Qui Gong

THE SUN WAS shiny as it was slowly rising up high in the sky after a day or so had gone by since the soldiers had left the Emperor's palace with the Emperor's three daughters and making their way to Qui Gong. The field they were riding by was full of red beautiful flowers, adding to the green grass that could be seen as the sun shined down on the civilians of China.

Only an hour or so had gone by until the sun was fully up in the sky and the soldiers found themselves still riding along the road, passing a woman who was gardening with her feet in the water where the plants had been buried. At the sound of a horse neighing, the woman looks over and sees the carriage being led by two horses, people riding their horses behind the carriage and three people riding in front.

Milan and Shang rode on either sides of Y/n as all three of them were on their horses. Occasionally, the males would share a conversation with one another while Y/n stayed quiet almost the whole ride since they left the Emperor's palace.

She still couldn't believe that the Emperor's daughters were okay with an arranged marriage to men that they've never met before. As they rode in silence, Milan looks over at his fiance when he heard a sad sigh escape past her lips, seeing her saddened face as she looked down at her hands while they rode their horses. Seeing her expression made him frown as well, wondering what she was thinking about.

"What's the face?" Milan asks.

Y/n looks away, trying to act normal. "What face?"

"That face." Milan replies, pointing right at her.

"There's no face. This is my face, that's all." Y/n states, looking back at him.

Milan chuckles, shaking his head. "You know I know you better than that, Y/n. What's wrong?"

Y/n sigh. "I realize our duty is to the mission..."

"But..." Milan starts, trailing off as he waited for her to continue.

"But I have another duty. To my heart." Y/n finishes.

"Oh, Y/n, your only duty is to the Emperor." Milan reminds as they come to a stop on their horses.

"But, Milan, an arranged marriage?" Y/n questions in disbelief.

"You know, not everyone can be as lucky as you two." Shang speaks up, intervening as he looks to his friend. "In an ideal world, everyone would marry for love."

"But the world isn't perfect." Milan continues, placing his hand on his lover's hand. "I'm just glad my world is."

At his words, Y/n hums while smiling as they stare at each other with love in their eyes that they didn't notice Shang looking at them with a small smile before they were off again, continuing their journey forward. As they rode, Shang couldn't help but think if he'd find love like Y/n and Milan's in the future.