𝟔| 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐲𝐚𝐥 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬

CHAPTER SIX:

BETRAYAL BETWEEN FRIENDS

The sun was hiding behind the clouds high in the sky, the bright light trying to shine down on the saddened people that rode along their animals

The sun was hiding behind the clouds high in the sky, the bright light trying to shine down on the saddened people that rode along their animals. The Emperor's daughters could be seen on an animal together as the animal walked in-between Milan and Shang, who were at the front on their horses, and Y/n, Chien-Po, Yao and Ling, who were all behind them, the men having to walk on their feet while Y/n was on her horse.

The demeanor between nine people were devastation as none of them said a word. The only sound that could be heard that only Y/n could hear was the sound of Mushu yawning as he popped his head up from the pack on the side of her horse, a pleased smile evident on his face. As she walked by the princesses on the animal they were on, Y/n slowly looked up from where she was looking down as she stopped on her horse, meeting Milan's dark eyes.

The... couple stared at each other sadly before Milan was the first to look away, slowly riding in one direction as there were two different ways while Y/n went in the other direction, a rock-like wall between them. The princesses followed Y/n while the three other soldiers followed Shang and Milan.

"I see Pretty Boy isn't talking to you. And you're not talking to Pretty Boy." Mushu points out with a smile, making her look at him. "Well, you know you can always talk to me."

Not saying a word to her dragon friend, the girl looks back down at her hands as she continues along forward with the princesses following behind her. As the minutes go by, it was silent between the four females before they came to a stop when the sisters stopped beside the female soldiers that they secretly looked up to after what she did to save China a month or so ago.

"We're so sorry for what we've done, L/n Y/n." Ting Ting apologizes.

"You inspired us to follow our hearts." Mei adds, clutching the stuffed panda Yao gave her. "And we repay you by ruining your relationship."

Y/n shakes her head. "No, you just opened my eyes to how broken it was. I'm indebted to you, Mei."

With a small, sad smile, Mei reaches over and places her hand on top of Y/n's as they share a sad smile before they were venturing forward again, meeting up with the men again. The girl found herself slowly riding behind all of them as she reached down to her chest, grabbing the pendant of the necklace her parents gave her, remembering that Milan had the other one. Looking down at the necklace only made her even more sad than she already was.

"Y/n, what do you say to a little pick-me-up?" Mushu asks, breaking the silence.

"My father said differences can make you stronger. He didn't realize that Milan and I are just too different." Y/n states, not even looking at him as she continued to stare at the necklace. "And neither did I, apparently."