𝟕| 𝐚𝐧 𝐮𝐧𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐰𝐞𝐝𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠

CHAPTER SEVEN:

AN UNWANTED WEDDING

THE PALACE IN Qui Gong was full of people as they watched the interaction between the leader, Lord Qin, and Y/n as only a few hours had gone by

THE PALACE IN Qui Gong was full of people as they watched the interaction between the leader, Lord Qin, and Y/n as only a few hours had gone by. Shang stood within the crowd as he decided to let Y/n handle it all, trusting her with her choices, but also wouldn't let her go alone since he is the general. They had came with the idea about lying to Lord Qin that the princesses had passed after an accident, planning to mention the carriage being broken when they had fallen down the cliff about a day ago.

Shang calmly stood as he watched Y/n speak with Lord Qin, not liking this man one bit, and he knew Milan wouldn't like him at all either. The sun was shining through the window behind the man's throne as the light sky was out instead of the dark sky and the rain pouring down on the people of China.

"What do you mean, they are gone?" Lord Qin repeats in question.

Y/n sighs. "There was an accident, Lord Qin. The royal carriage fell into the river and was destroyed."

"Oh. A grave loss." Lord Qin states as he rubs his beard, seeing the advisors shaking their heads. "But it does not alter my agreement with the Emperor. And unless it is honored, I will sanction no alliance with the Middle Kingdom. A marriage was promised."

"And a marriage there will be." Y/n promises.

At her words, the crowd inside the palace all gasp while Shang's eyes widen, his brows furrowing as his dark eyes look to his friend with wide eyes. She didn't tell him anything about promising a marriage without the princesses.

Y/n bows her head. "I would be honored to wed a prince of Qui Gong."

"You?" Lord Qin asks in disbelief.

One of the advisors rush to him. "My Lord, L/n Y/n, the hero of China. Oh, a jewel in your crown far more dear than three mere princesses."

As he was rubbing his beard, Lord Qin looks to his other advisors, watching as they all nodded in agreement to what the first advisor had said. A rather mischievous smile comes onto his face while sharing a look with the man beside him.

"This is not what was agreed. However, the Golden Dragon of Unity smiles upon you today. And in view of the tragedy, I will accept your offer. You will make a fine bride for my eldest son, Prince Jeeki." Lord Qin announces.

Looking to the spot he motioned to one spot, Y/n turns her head in the direction as a loud gong rings out while two guards move out of the way, revealing Lord Qin's eldest son, Prince Jeeki, who was playing with a fingertrap toy. Noticing eyes on him, the prince hides his hands behind his back before his eyes land on the female soldier.

"This is her?" Prince Jeeki questions as he points at her. "She's so old."

At the look of him, seeing he looked rather a bit young and by the sound of his voice, Y/n scrunches her face up as she glanced around, meeting Shang's narrowed eyes. As some guards began to lead her somewhere, Shang was right beside the girl as he walked along beside her, his jaw clenched as he tried to act normal.