7: It'll be okay

~M/n's pov~

I shot up from my sleep, gasping desperately for air as sweats trickling down my forehead. My body is soaked by the sweats produced making my skin feel sticky as the fabric of my clothes is rubbing it. I slowly regulate my breathing, not wanting the noises my body makes will perturb my sister's beauty slumber. Once all the tension within my muscles fades away, I reach for my triple D to look at the time.

3 am.

I run my fingers through my hair, getting deep in thought of what is happening in my nightmares. I seem to have progressed from not wanting to survive at all to managing to kill on of the wolves in an attempt to survive. It was all thanks to MC's voice that cheered for me. I guess, at least, I should try to stay alive not for me but for her. I want to stay by her side and keep her safe.. until death decides to take me away from her...

I look at my sleeping sister, strengthening my willpower to stay alive for her.

' How can I think of killing myself when I still have people that I love here...' I thought to myself, shaking my head in disappointment.

I got up and take a quick shower to clean myself from the sticky coat on my skin. I put on a black undershirt and a pair of grey sweatpants. We have school today so it's easier to change into my uniform later. I decided to take a stroll around the mansion, examining the paintings everytime I pass by one. Somehow, one of the paintings caught my eye, giving off the nostalgic feelings the longer I stare at it.

' M/n? Having trouble sleeping?'

I hummed as I recognize the voice as Lucifer and continued to stare at the painting. He got closer until he stand right next to me.

' Ah... This painting...' he muttered to himself. I mulled over the details of eight angels playing together. One of them is female. I pointed my finger at her.

' So, she's my ancestor?'

' MC have told you about it, huh?'

' Yeah. Also the part where she saw past memory of her.'

' I see... Yeah... She's our sister, Lilith.'

' She's beautiful.'

' And kind.'

' . . . '

' . . . '

' Hey, Lucifer.'

' Hmm?'

' Some of her power got passed down, right?'

' That seems to be the case.'

' Is.. having signs through dreams, one of them?'

' Maybe. Why do you ask?'

' No reason.'

' Huh. Well, do you want to continue our chat over some tea?'

' That would be nice. Thanks, Lucifer.'

' No problem. You are quite similar to your sister.'

' Why?' I asked, looking at his crimson orbs for answers as we walk.

' When she just got here, she would wander around the mansion at night and that's how everything started.'

' I guess she can't get some sleep over what happened.' I nodded to his statement.

' That is understandable.'