12: Flashback Time!

Goddamn... We have this many people reading this shit?! I'm shook!!! And I just got some free time from college too... Not really free but you get the gist of it. Assignments and all... Anyways! To all the lovely readers, I hope you have an enjoyable read and as always, I hope you have a nice day!

~ MC's pov ~

Panting heavily as she break through the crowd, making her way to the only place that occupies her line of thought.

House of Lamentations.

" MC! Wait for me!"

" We don't have much time, Mammon! My brother got injured again and I just can't lose him! Not after everyone I had lost! We need to pick up the pace!"

Yeah, the two who was on a date was shocked to read the constant popping of messages in their D.D.D only to be greeted with a bad new.

Just as she rambled those words dripping with anxiety, Mammon latch his hand to her wrist, making her stop in her tracks for a while.

" I know... But.. you have.. to wait for.. me too... I don't think M/n would like the idea of her sister getting injured while he's unconscious." Mammon reasoned with the panicked girl, catching his breathe. She paused.

" Please, you need to take care of your safety too. Not just for him, for me too, for everyone else who cherished you." he continued, rubbing circles at her wrist using his thumb. He kinda learn that gesture from the time he saw M/n with MC ever since he stayed with them. Feeling that at least it's one of the good traits he can pick up for his crush, who knew it would be of use at times like this? He-

Hol' up! Wait a minute, this is going way too fast! No telling us what happened during the date? Nuh-uh! Where's the fun in that?! Imma hit the flashback button for this!

*Smash!*

Enjoy!

~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~

•°•.•°Flashback°•.•°•

~ 3rd person pov ~

A few days back . . .

M/n is sitting in the bed as he flick through the pages of the book given to him by Simeon. He had given him after Lucifer gave him a brief of what had happened. Simeon had agreed to be his instructor on the condition that the human read and understand it from cover to cover. Not really a challenge for him since he's been a bookworm from who knows when.

Moving on, as M/n flips the last page, he lets out a soft sigh. Putting the book aside, he let himself immersed in his thoughts as strings of formulas, chants, magic circles and other basic magic related stuff pops up in his mind.

' This is really becoming like those typical Isekai manga trope. The difference is, this is real life. But, who knew, those magic knowledge in the mangas I've read can be of use in comprehending these stuff. Quite useful. Good job, past me!'

His thoughts was cut off by the sound of the door opening.

" Hey, bro! How are you doing?"

" Better. So, how's school today, MC?"

" The usual. You know, class, Mammon's clinging to me everywhere, lunch and Mammon's being clingy again. That usual." she said as she make her way towards the chair next to his bed.