10: Future

~M/n's pov~

Both of them are taken aback from what I had stated. To tell you the truth, Lucifer looked so funny that if I have to stare at it, I might lose my composure. I arranged my words mentally before opening my mouth again.

' Lilith told me how I got here and gave me a heads up for something that is to come in the future. She told me that I need to prepare myself for it if I want to win this. I thought I should inform you about it since she's your sister after all.' I continued, chuckling under my breath when I remembered what she said about MC.

' You got to know how you got here?' Satan asked, Lucifer sat quietly as he listen to our interaction.

' Yeah... Our parents.. send me here. Maybe to let me know about MC? Who knows.'

' Your parents?'

' Yeah... They're in heaven now.. I guess. They didn't want me to die in regret of leaving her alone.' I stroke her hair, feeling serene from the gesture as I watch her calm expression.

' I.. I see. What's gonna happen in the future?'

' I.. don't know... She didn't mention anything. She did tell me that I need to get myself ready if I want to win against what is to come.' I responded in a serious tone.

' I'm guessing that you want to survive to protect MC, huh?' he chuckles, his gaze soften after the shock look he had for the statement earlier.

' She is all I have after all.' I smiled back, pondering on wether I should mention my first request now.

' You seemed to have something in mind about this already. Pray tell what you're thinking of, M/n.' Lucifer finally spoke, hands clasping together in a motion of showing how he takes this seriously. The professional smile he always had gracing his face as if he is having a discussion about business.

I mean, this is a pivotal 'business' to me. It took me a while to organize my sentences so I won't look like a kid explaining his favourite hero with all the unnecessary sound effects.

( A/n: Excuse me, sir! I'm an adult now and I still do that for fun! Don't try to turn that as an insult!)

' I... If ever the time comes where I can't come to her aid in the near future, I hope that any of you or your brothers can protect her from danger. That is my first request to all of you.' I said sternly, staring at them as I conveyed one of the worries I had towards this future I'm going to face.

' That is a given. We all made a pact with her and swore to take care of her from any danger.'

' She helped us to solve the rift between us brothers. So, in a way, we're indebted to her.'

Both of the demons said reassuringly as they smile. I find it calming seeing them putting on a genuine smile rather than their usual fake smile. I look down as I let out a soft chuckle. This kinda reminds me of the times I started putting on a mask to protect the people I cherish. But, then again, that very mask is what causes me to have a little bit of conflict with the very person I held close to my heart. How foolish I am in the past, huh?

' I guess that request was unnecessary then. Moving on, I have a question.'

' What is it?' the golden blonde asked as his emerald orbs stared at me with curiousity laced within it.

' If I want to train my angel.. power.. or skills.. or whatever you call it, who can be my teacher?' I inquired in a serious tone.

' You have that kind of power?' Satan asked in surprise.