18: Protective Simeon

Simeon was reading a book, something he usually does to let loose before he hits the covers. That was until his leisure time was interrupted by the door creaks open, indicating someone had come back from their trip outside. Since Luke was right in front of him scrolling through his D.D.D, it can only be Solomon.

Chattering can be heard at the door and he deduced the human sorcerer had guests over. Quite rare for him to have someone over, it piqued Simeon's interest. So, the angel decided to greet them, putting his book aside and strolled through rooms.

" Solomon, who's here-" he paused, seeing a familiar face as he tensed up in alarm.

" Oh, hey Simeon. I had MC and her brother stay over. They had some issues with the demon bro-"

Solomon wasn't able to finish his sentence when a clash of Simeon's magic staff that can double as a spear clashed with Azazel's hands. Though it did startled the two humans, Azazel didn't even reacted as much as a flinch.

" Hello, Simeon. You haven't changed as much the last time I saw you." He greeted the angel with a smile that didn't reach his eyes.

" Azazel, you fiend." The angel scowled, tightening his grip onto his staff, holding back from casting any offensive spells.

" Ah, yes. I haven't heard that nickname in a while." The demon responded nonchalantly.

" Why are you here?" Simeon asked threateningly, never moving an inch nor having the weapon point another direction.

" If you're thinking I'm here to wreak havoc, then you're wrong. Me and my sister just need a place to crash for the night." Azazel replied, the smirk he had diminished, showing a serious expression on his face.

" Sister? What do you mean?" The other fell into confusion, not able to grasp the predicament at hand.

Just then, MC who had pushed over the shock she felt had interfered, pushing Simeon's shoulder softly as she aimed to calm the angel down.

" W-Wait Simeon. L-Let's do the t-talking tomorrow. I-If you're not comfortable with having us over, w-we can find another place to stay."

" MC, I don't mind having you over. But he's evil! A pure villain that killed many innocent lives!"

" And yet I'm still alive! I haven't heard his side of the story yet, so I won't judge him based on what others say."

" You're really going to believe him? Why?!"

" I don't wanna talk about it! We're leaving, Zel!"

" W-wait, MC! Y-You can use my room!"

Unexpectedly, Luke was the one who offered to give them a place to sleep for the night.