{1} The Offer

***

***

Hiromi remembered the first time she ever showed her ability to people. It was when she was six. She was on the school playground with her best friend, Ichika. They were playing when Hiromi had hurt herself when running. She had accidentally ended up tripping over a rock and she skinned her knee pretty bad. Hiromi had started to cry from the pain. A teacher had tried to make her way over to check on Hiromi when she had suddenly frozen. It was when she saw what was happening.

The sky above them had started to turn dark gray. Thunder had boomed overhead and lightning lit up the sky... But it was only over one person. Hiromi. Soon enough, it had even started to rain just around her. Everywhere else was a sunny, blue sky with beautiful white clouds. The teacher had been in horror and forced the other kids to go inside. She had yelled at Hiromi when the girl had finally calmed down. Calling her a monster and ability scum. Hiromi had been confused. Why was the teacher yelling at her? What did she do wrong?

After that incident, Hiromi wasn't allowed back into that school. That was when she had been labeled as an ability user by everyone around her. Hiromi remembered how angry her parents were. They were both quirkless and had been hoping that their daughter would develop one of her grandparents' quirks like they were unable to. Imagine their horror when she developed an ability instead. They had to register her as one which made things even worse. It just made them more aware of the problem child they had given life to.

It wasn't long until they had pushed her onto others to get rid of the blight upon their lives. Hiromi had a hard life after that. But we won't get into that. Not yet, at least. Let's get to the brighter times first. Just to let you be in as much innocence as you can for this time. No need to burden you with all of the dark times and trauma just yet.

The Armed Detective Agency was now Hiromi's home and family. She had joined it with Dazai after some troubling times had riddled their lives. She was eleven when they joined while Dazai was eighteen. Hiromi had taken the entrance exam and had passed with flying colors so she now helped them with cases. They thought about trying to get her into school, but her protesting made them push that suggestion aside. The last time she had gone to school was when it was discovered she had an ability. She didn't even want to think about what it would be like to go back to school as one.

This led them to this moment. Hiromi, now fifteen, was currently helping Ranpo on a case with Atsushi, a new member of the ADA, and Dazai, who was pulled out of the river by the nets they used to find any evidence. A young woman had been murdered and the police had to begrudgingly call on them for help. The local police never liked calling on the ADA, but they knew they had to. Ranpo was able to solve a case in seconds which infuriated them and made them not want to call them for help since they felt inferior. The other reason was that they were ability users. Quirkless people, which this police squad were quirkless, usually lumped ability users in with people who had quirks which made them resent them.