{4} The Azure Messenger

***

***

The fact that she had been able to get into UA had surprised Hiromi. It was pretty much the only thing that she could think about since she got the acceptance letter. The most she expected to happen was that she got in, but was put in one of the lower-level classes. The last thing she expected to happen was ending up in one of the hero courses. It was crazy. The only thing that Hiromi could think to do was be grateful for all of the years that she had been in the Agency. It definitely helped prepare her for the recommendation exam.

One morning when Hiromi had come into work, she had been called into the President's office. The two of them had talked about what her new work schedule was going to be like since she was going to be going to UA soon. They had managed to work it out pretty easily. Hiromi would work after school and on the weekends. If there was something that they urgently needed her for then she had to come in immediately. There was no doubt in her mind that something like that was going to come up soon. Big cases don't take too long to make their way to the Agency.

The time that Hiromi would have to start to go to UA came closer and closer. She didn't want to admit it, but it filled the girl with anxiety as the time got closer. Most of the worry was about approaching the situation of her being one of the only ability users in the school. To distract herself from the thoughts that plagued her, Hiromi decided to just work. Work would help get her mind off of everything.

A sigh escaped Hiromi as she stood outside of the closed door to the office. She could already hear the chaos that was happening inside. Most of the yelling was caused by Dazai while it sounded like Atsushi was trying to figure out how to resolve whatever conflict was happening. Taking a deep breath, Hiromi prepared herself for what she would see when she walked inside the room. The green-haired girl opened the door and stopped to examine what was going on.

Standing on top of one of the desks was Dazai. He had a crazed look in his eyes as Kunikida just stood in front of him. The long-haired man was doing the same thing Hiromi was. Watching as the chaos went down. Atsushi was looking through Dazai's desk, most likely trying to figure out what made Dazai the way he is. Currently, Dazai was pointing at an empty space, yelling, "It's here! I've finally arrived!" The man brought up a hand like he was trying to block out a bright light as he scanned the office, "I can see the pearly gates and everything!"

The words were enough to make Hiromi laugh, "Well, he's already way off," She made her way over to her desk, setting down her paper cup of hot chocolate. She got it from the coffee place downstairs. It was her usual routine to stop down there and get hot chocolate before she came into work. That resulted in her getting scolded by Kunikida a few times since she would sometimes come in a little late. Hiromi sat down, leaning back into her chair as she stared up at Dazai with an amused expression, "Like he would get into heaven."