{8} Lightning and Blonds Don't Mix

***

***

Not long after they received the message, they got Ranpo on the phone. They stayed at the coffee shop for a little longer so they could listen to Ranpo's deductions. The most important conclusion he ended up coming to was about the bomb. From what he said, the bomb was left in a fishing tackle store in Negishi. With that information now in their minds, the group of detectives got in a car and started making their way to the tackle store.

It was a little confusing in Hiromi's mind. Why would the perpetrator leave the bomb in such an obscure and random place? There had to be more to it than she was thinking. Ranpo was definitely on to something, she just hadn't figured it out. Thankfully, she wasn't the only one with that question. Atsushi ended up asking a similar question, "Why does he think the bomb is at a fishing tackle store?"

The question was directed to whoever would answer. The one to speak up was Dazai, though he only responded with another question, "Where's a map?" He raised his chin off the hand he was resting his head on. He opened his eyes and looked at Kunikida for a response.

"Behind the driver's seat," Kunikida responded. That was all that needed to be said for Atsushi to reach for the map. Like Kunikida said, the map ended up being behind his seat. Kunikida was the one driving while Dazai sat in the passenger seat. That left Hiromi and Atsushi to sit in the back.

"Look on page 97," Dazai instructed.

As soon as he had the map in his possession, Atsushi started skimming through the map to find the mentioned page. Hiromi leaned over a little to get a look at what he was seeing. "97," Atsushi mumbled to himself. "Okay, looking... Looking..."

Pages flipped and flipped and then finally the page they were looking for caught Hiromi's eyes. Atsushi didn't seem to see it and kept turning pages. Hiromi cut him off, "Wait, you missed it!" She started flipping the pages backward until they ended up on the correct page, "There!"

The first thing that Hiromi noticed when she found the fishing tackle store is the answer to the question that she and Atsushi had been asking themselves. Dazai decided to explain it a little more since Kunikida couldn't see the map as he was driving, "The terrorist's target is the petrochemical complex."

"Of course!" Kunikida exclaimed. "I don't know why I didn't think of that."

"Yokohama is known for being one of Japan's major port towns. Next to the shipping docks on the waterfront, there are many large facilities that store oil and gas," Dazai stated. Oh... Hiromi could already see where he was going with that. It was going to be terrible if they didn't find the bomb and somehow stop it. "If an explosion were to occur close enough to ignite the storage tanks, the entire port would be engulfed in flames."