{7} Coffee Dates

***

***

After finding out about the bomb threat, Kunikida let the Agency know immediately. This resulted in the Agency members having a meeting about what to do. They were all sitting in the meeting room where they usually discussed big cases. The only people who weren't in the room with them were Dazai, Tanizaki, and Ranpo. Hiromi had assumed that Tanizaki and Ranpo were on cases and that's why they weren't there. It was untelling where Dazai was. He could be anywhere doing who knows what. She almost hated to even ask what he could possibly be doing.

It was a little tense in the room, or maybe it was just Hiromi who felt tense. The Agency had taken on many dangerous cases, that much was obvious by how calm and collected everyone seemed. Still, Hiromi found herself getting a little anxious every once in a while. Why wouldn't she be anxious in this circumstance? People already had such a low opinion of the ADA because of the newspaper article that came out about them. She hated to imagine how much worse it could get if they weren't able to find the bomb in time. There was also the risk of how many people were going to be affected by the bomb and the damage that it would cause.

There was only one person who stood up out of everyone. This person was Kunikida who stood in front of a bulletin board. The board had information about the current case that they were working on. Kunikida spoke up, explaining the predicament that they had found themselves in, "A mysterious criminal group is threatening to detonate a bomb somewhere in the city. Not only that, they've launched a smear campaign against our agency."

"And from what I've been able to observe, it's working," Hiromi remembered how the guy selling newspapers had talked about them. How he said that they might as well be villains since all ability users are bad. The typical crap that people with prejudice against them said whether they had a reason to say it or not. It would be a lot more common to hear people talking horribly about them since they now had a 'good reason' to talk about them the way they do.

"Sounds like we're caught between a rock and a hard place," Yosano placed her clipboard down. It was a clipboard that everyone was given with the case details attached to each of them. Yosano looked up at Kunikida, "Do you have any helpful information on where the bomb might be?"

If only it were that easy. "Not much," Kunikida replied. It would have been easy to find out the location if Ranpo had been around. But he was still on that one case. Hiromi had a hard time remembering the details of it at the moment with everything going on. "Right now, all we have to go on is the message left by the perpetrator," The long-haired man's eyes fell onto the message, "Here it is... 'Greetings, I hope that the Armed Detective Agency and its members are fairing well. Forgive my impudence, but I have placed a bomb capable of causing mass destruction in a certain location here in Yokohama. Since you claim to be an agency aimed at securing public safety, I request you locate and disarm the bomb as soon as you can. You only have until sundown. I wish you the best of luck. I have full faith in your abilities. Respectfully, the Azure Messenger.'"