Kendall Knight x OC

Sometimes, I hate my brother and his three best friends. They're always ruining my life, like the time they destroyed my first and only car while playing street hockey, shattering my windshield with one hit of the puck. Another time, they embarrassed me in front of my crush, making him never talk to me again. Most of all, though, they haven't picked me up at LAX like they said they would. I've been waiting here for over an hour, trying to call Logan, my brother, but he hasn't picked up a single call. This is so why I hate them: they only think about themselves and their band that's supposedly famous or whatever. None of them care about me anymore.

Thankfully, Mrs. Knight, Kendall's mother, answered her phone when I called her earlier, begging her to come pick me up. She said that she would try to get here as soon as possible and didn't know where the boys were at all. I am a little surprised that she doesn't know where they are at all since she always used to be a little controlling and she's watching over three other boys who aren't her own. Apparently, I am wrong.

My phone buzzes in my hand, alerting me that I'm getting a call. I immediately answer the call and say, "Mrs. Knight, that better be you."

"It's not," a younger girl's voice says. "It's Katie. She told me to tell you that we're here out front."

"She couldn't call me herself?"

"Would you trust her talking on the phone while driving?"

"You're right. I'll be right out there."

"Alright."

I hang up on her and stand up from where I was sitting on my suitcase since there weren't any available seats anywhere here. I'm small enough to fit on it, which is great, but it's not that comfortable, especially because I've been sitting on it for over an hour. 

Directing my gaze down at the ground, I hurry through the airport, anxious to get out of here. Logan did tell me that there's a lot more people here in Los Angeles than in Minnesota, but I didn't really believe him that much. He is right, though, because there has been a steady flood of people going in and out of LAX since I got here, and most of them are very creepy looking. I hate it here so far, which isn't good because I'm an aspiring actress.

Slices of sunlight shine down upon me as I exit LAX. I block my vision from the burning rays, trying to find Mrs. Knight's car. It isn't that hard to find, though. As I step off the sidewalk, I spot Katie waving frantically at me from the front seat of a car parked near me. She looks very excited to see me.

"Julia!" she calls happily, hopping out of the window without bothering to open the door. She crashes into me as she throws her arms around my waist, nearly knocking me down. Her head is close to reaching my nose; when did she get this big? "I'm so glad you're coming to live with us! I can finally have a girl to spend time with!"

"Hey, you have me there, too," Mrs. Knight says as she opens the trunk for me to put my suitcase in there. "You're not exactly lonely, Katie."

Katie peels herself off of me at Mrs. Knight's pestering. She rolls her eyes at me, like she can't possibly stand her mother. It's been like this for as long as I've known her, though, so it's nothing new to me. Katie is a hard person to please because she has these impossibly high standards. I understand, though.

"We have so much to talk about," Katie tells me as she grabs my hand and pulls me toward the backseat of Mrs. Knight's car. I look back at Mrs. Knight, who's still trying to shove my suitcase into her trunk, and she just smiles at me. I wish I could help her, but Katie is very insistent that I get in the car because she keeps saying, "Come on, come on, come on!"

"You're still as bossy as ever," I say, laughing. I slide into the backseat with her. "You haven't changed a bit. Well, besides your height! When did you get this tall, Katie?"