Wyatt Lykensen x OC

Julia slowly opened her window to let her boyfriend, Wyatt Lykensen, into her room to help her fall asleep tonight. She had to be absolutely silent or else her parents would hear what she was doing. That would be the worst thing to ever happen to her because her parents didn't actually know that she was dating Wyatt. The reason? Because he was a werewolf. Her parents hated every creature that was not what they were: human. They hated when the zombies started coming to Seabrook a year or so ago. Now, it was the werewolves' turn to go to school with everyone else, and that was like the end of the world to her parents. If they found out that their second daughter was dating a werewolf, it would mean the end of her world, for sure. 

She leaned against the windowsill and felt the cool breeze against her bare arms and shoulders. The night was perfect for stargazing because there wasn't a single cloud in the sky. All the stars and the moon shone down upon Seabrook like a beacon, calling for some other creature to come out of the distance and claim their residence in her little town that wasn't so perfect and harmonious anymore. Hatred had wormed its way into the hearts of many of the residents, including her parents. 

"Hey, there, beautiful," Wyatt said, suddenly appearing in front of her out of the darkness. He had a grin on his face as she let out a yelp in surprise, showing his fangs off to her. "Fancy seeing you here."

She smiled to him, but it felt weighed down because of the exhaustion hanging on her body like a deadly disease. Julia hadn't been sleeping well lately because of keeping this large secret from her family, and she desperately needed some relief by any means necessary. And that meant that Wyatt needed to come to her house and help her fall asleep by holding her in his arms. That always seemed to work when she went over to the Wolf Den, so it had to work tonight. 

Julia backed up until her legs hit the edge of her bed to let Wyatt jump into her room using his werewolf strength. Thankfully, he landed in her room with a soft thud. Wyatt stood up and took a quick glance around her room, grinning at all the little love notes he had written her hanging up on the walls. She had disguised those as notes from her friend, Addison, and her sister, Bree. It wasn't like her parents went into her room much, but she needed to come up with all these stories to keep her parents away from the truth that their daughter was dating a werewolf. 

His hands traveled up her arms as he stepped even closer to her, a small smile on his face. She was trapped between him and her bed, and there was a certain light in his eyes that made her go a little warm. He always looked at her like she was the most beautiful person in the entire world; it was quite possibly the best thing he could do for her. 

"I can't sleep," she whispered to him as she stared up into his chocolate eyes. "Again."

He touched the area directly underneath her eyes where dark bags had started to form. "I can tell," he whispered back to her. "Do you think it's time to tell them about us? Julia, they already know that Bree is dating Bonzo, who's obviously a zombie. They shouldn't be too worried about you dating a werewolf."

"They've gotten more used to the idea of zombies as compared to werewolves. I assure you that they would lock you up the minute they saw you with me."

Wyatt's eyes flickered between anger and disappointment. She wished she could tell her parents that she was the happiest that she had ever been in her entire life. Julia was finally becoming the person she had always envisioned she would be. She had grown up a lot in the past few years by accepting the zombies and werewolves who had come to her school and trying to help them through the hatred and discrimination. She had become an advocate for the voiceless who fought for rights for all instead of just humans. That fire in her heart hadn't been quenched since she broke away from her parents' ideas of hate.