Wyatt Lykensen x OC

Do you believe in love at first sight? Do you believe it when someone just knows that a person standing in front of them is the person that they're going to love for the rest of their lives? I never really believed it before because it just doesn't make sense. You don't know someone's personality just by looking at them. You don't know their little quirks just by looking at them. You don't know a single thing about that person just by looking at them.

Or do you?

If you pay attention to someone and watch them interact with other people, you'll know if they're kind or not. If you see them when no one else does, you'll be surprised by what you find out about a person. In those split seconds when you first look at someone, you see a lot more than what you ever would have thought possible.

Yes, I never believed in love at first sight before, but I do now. Because, well, it happened to me. 

This whole tale started at school after everyone came back tan and happy from the summer break. My two friends, Addison and Bree, and I had just got back to Seabrook after going to cheer camp for a few weeks over the summer, and on the way home, we had a small issue with the bus getting stuck. Because of that, all of Seabrook's cheerleaders were late for the first day of school, but at least we made it just in time for the lunch rush.

The cheerleaders were the first people to get their lunch because of the difficult first part of the day, so we all had our first pick at one of the tables in the cafeteria. Most of us still sat together because I assumed they wanted to talk about what exactly happened earlier today and how the school allowed it to happen. Some people were outraged that the bus broke down in the middle of the woods while others were nervous that something was going to happen soon, something scary. 

At some point, Zed joined us at our table, sitting in between me and Addison. Addison and Bree were doubled over in their chairs, laughing about something one of them said, and even though I was sitting right next to them, I wasn't really invited into the conversation. It seemed to be about an inside joke only the two of them knew. They weren't bothered by the heavy discussion that surrounded us at all. Even Zed didn't notice how everyone else was focused on the bus incident from this morning.

I sighed softly to myself as I leaned back in my chair, not bothering to touch the food that sat in front of me on the table. I couldn't wait to go home tonight just to get away from everyone, even my friends and Zed. It was exhausting to put on a happy facade with the people I call my friends. I should have been happy with them, I know that, but I just couldn't find a reason to be happy around them.

Even though I have all these friends, I have always felt a little lonely. None of these people were friends by my choice. Addison started dating Zed, my twin brother, so, because she was always around him, she was always around me. Close proximity basically forced us to be friends, and the same goes for Addison's best friend, Bree. I'm not complaining because I love Addison and Bree. I do. But I want a relationship where I choose to cultivate, one where it's just me and that person, not my brother, me, and that person. 

On top of that loneliness, every guy I have ever tried to date hasn't worked out well for me. Zombieland doesn't really produce the best guys there are, especially when we were separated from the humans. Besides, when we finally got to mix with the humans, every human guy I found myself having a crush on was scared of me just for being a zombie. I've always found that something was missing in each of those relationships, though I wasn't sure what it was at the time.

Now, though, after everything I experienced, I know what it was.

The thing is, I have never told any of this to the people closest to me. Maybe that was why I never could feel happy around them. Maybe that was why I could never feel satisfied in any sort of relationship, romantic or platonic.