Freddie Benson x OC

The dance was in full swing by the time Y/N, Carly, and Sam made it to the school. She had no idea where her date, Freddie Benson, was right now because he wouldn't answer her calls at all. He probably was in the school, dancing away with some other girl that was smarter than her and who enjoyed technology more than her.

"Okay, Y/N, do I need to get my butter sock to knock some sense into you?" Sam asked her.

Y/N looked at Sam with a frown on her face. "What in the world are you talking about?"

"I can tell that you're freaking out all about Fredward," Sam explained. "I can see it in your face."

"Besides, you're picking your nails that I just painted an hour ago," Carly pointed out to her. 

Y/N pulled the front doors opened and held them open for her two best friends. With the door open, Y/N could hear music blasting from the lunchroom where the dance was currently happening. The door slammed shut behind her, but she couldn't really move from where she was.

She had been excited for this dance ever since two weeks ago when it was announced that it was going to a boy's ask dance only. Even if any random boy would ask her to dance, she was excited to spend the night with Carly and Sam. Both Carly and Sam got asked by Gibby and someone bold, respectively. And to Y/N's surprise, her best friend, coworker, and longtime crush, Freddie, asked her to go to the dance with her just yesterday. She had been so happy for tonight, and now she was ruining it big time by being late.

"Y/N, I swear that Freddie has feelings for you, too," Carly said after Sam dragged Y/N inside more. Y/N's eyes flicked over to Sam in fear. Carly was the only one who knew about her feelings for Freddie because she asked her point-blank after working on the webshow with Freddie one day. "Don't worry, Sam knows about your feelings for Freddie. I told her already."

"That's why I'm about to get my butter sock out of my bra and hit you with it."

"Why in the world do you have your butter sock in your bra?" Carly asked her with a frown on her face. "Wouldn't that melt the butter?"

"Where else would I carry it?"

"And why do you have it?" Y/N asked her. She guessed it was fine that Carly told Sam that she had feelings for Freddie. It wasn't nice for her to tell her, but Y/N honestly needed all the help she could get tonight to make it up to Freddie. 

"To let the boy that asked me to the dance that I'm in charge," Sam said with a devilish smirk. 

"Well, shall we go in?" Carly asked, gesturing to the doors to the lunchroom. "I bet our boys are waiting for us."

"They better be," Sam said darkly. "Or else I really will use my butter sock tonight."

"Will you stop bringing up your butter sock?" Y/N asked as she opened the door for the three of them. "If you talk about it in front of Ms. Briggs, you're going to get detention for a week."

"Whatever."

Slowly but surely, Carly and Sam found their dates. Gibby was waiting by the punch table, chatting with some random people about how he wished he could have come to this dance shirtless. Sam's date was sitting at a table alone, looking all depressed. He immediately brightened up when he saw Sam, much to Y/N's surprise. But she couldn't find Freddie anywhere.

Deciding to check out the dance floor, she began to push through the crowd that was piled on the floor. Most everyone was swaying together even though it wasn't a love song or anything. However, the thing she saw next shattered her heart into pieces.

"Freddie?" Y/N asked softly. Still, he heard her voice over the sound of the music because he stopped dancing with the girl that she didn't know. "What are you doing?"

Those eyes that Y/N had fallen in love with widened when he saw her standing in front of him. He dropped his hands from the girl, and he took a step back, like he couldn't believe that she had found him in such a compromising situation. 

"Y/N!" he said, surprised. "When did you get here?"

"Long enough to know that you don't care about me."

Y/N turned on her heel and tried to push through the crowd of couples to run away from this school before she started crying in front of everyone. Her worst fears had come true. Freddie didn't actually have feelings for her at all. She had spent all day getting ready for him just to have him turn around and dance with some random girl that was here at the dance.

"Y/N, what's wrong?" Carly asked her, grabbing her by the arm before she could leave. Gibby stood next to Carly, looking intently in his cup of punch for some reason. "Why aren't you with Freddie?"

"Do I need to break out my butter sock to beat up Freddie?" Sam asked, somehow appearing from the crowd, too. She had her date by the hand, and it looked like she was hurting him with her grip. "Because I gladly will."

"Y/N, stop what you're doing."

Carly, Sam, and Y/N all looked at each other in disbelief. What in the world was Freddie doing with the microphone? "He's finally lost his mind," Sam whispered to Carly and Y/N. Y/N would have laughed if she weren't about to cry.

"Y/N L/N, I love you," Freddie said. She looked past the crowd and saw him standing on the stage in front of the DJ. A desperate look was on his face. "What you saw here was nothing. That girl had fallen into me when she was dancing with her date, and I helped her before she fell."

"Why were you on the dance floor in the first place?" Carly shouted to him.

"I was looking for Y/N because I was starting to think she had decided not to come."

"Get down here right now, Fredward," Sam said. Her voice easily carried across the silent crowd of people without her even yelling. 

The crowd of people split down the middle to allow Freddie a path to Y/N. He was in front of her in just a few seconds. "I was running late," she said to him. "That's why I didn't get here until now."

"And I wasn't dancing with that girl. I was helping her."

Sam pushed Y/N closer to Freddie while Carly did the same thing to Freddie. He slowly wrapped his arms around her waist as the DJ got a slow song playing on the speakers. Y/N laced her fingers together at the back of his neck, wondering why this position felt so easy to stand in with her best friend.

"What took you so long to ask me to the dance?" Y/N asked him softly as they swayed together. "You asked me to come with you yesterday, so I had to rush and get a dress earlier today. That's why I was running late with Sam and Carly."

Freddie laughed quietly. Neither of them wanted to raise their voices much, in case they would ruin the moment between them. "That's why you were running late? Because of me?"

"Yes."

"If I would have known that, I would have asked you the first day that this dance was announced," Freddie told her with an easy smile on his face. "I've always had feelings for you, Y/N. I was just scared that you wouldn't have feelings for me, too. I didn't want to ruin our friendship."

"Me, too," she whispered to him. "That's the only reason I never told you how I feel, either. I didn't want to ruin our friendship."

"But we both have feelings for each other now . . ."

Y/N smiled up at him and asked, "What are you saying, Freddie?"

"Will you be my girlfriend, Y/N?"

Instead of answering him with words, she kissed him. She could vaguely hear Sam and Carly cheering at them, but she didn't care in this moment. The only thing she truly cared about was Freddie holding her tight, swaying easily together, enjoying the feeling of his lips finally on hers. Y/N had been dreaming about this moment for the longest time, and now she knew exactly how it felt. It felt perfect.