one ✓ uncle toby

chapter ; one

title ; uncle toby

act one ; twilight

Isla Wilson sat in the driver's seat of her grandmother's light yellow volkswagen Beetle. The forks family's pride and joy if you must. Somebody To Love by Queen was playing over the speakers. Very nice speakers that she had gotten installed just so she could blare Queen.

Her window was rolled down the slightest bit, allowing the fresh scent of rain to float around the air. A small bark caught the teenagers' attention. She glanced over to her passenger seat quickly, spotting her dog, Snacks, leaning out the window. She had just gotten the dog a few days ago. With her grandparent's permission of course. She had been living in forks for a little while now, and she had gotten lonely—hence why she had gotten a puppy.

The dog had his tongue sticking out of his mouth which was gross, but adorable at the same time. and messy, it was letting drops of rain into the car, but Isla didn't have the heart to face the puppy dog eyes she'd get.

Isla looked back in front of her and focused on the road. She and snacks were around half an hour away from her uncles. Both her grandparents were out of town and had told her that she should go see her uncle at some point.

She didn't think she would be driving out there after having a slight breakdown after staring at her wedding dress.

She was grateful that her grandparents had taken her in, considering her parents were, well, something. Isla doesn't know the right word to describe them.

The Volkswagen drove past the sign welcoming incoming people to Forks. 3,175 people consisted of the Forks population. She wondered if everyone who lived in the small town of Forks were at peace in their lives, she figured they did. And the majority of the people she had met already had found peace in their lives.

There were trees of all greens littering the side of the road. The bright and dark greens flashed by as Isla increased the speed. Her left hand held onto the steaming wheel as she reached out with her other hand.

Her fingers wrapped around her water bottle. She opened the lid with skill and allowed the ice-cold liquid to run down her throat. The orange flavor nipped at her taste buds as she drank.

The teenager pulled into the driveway of an older-looking home. The paint was chipped and run down, but it matched all the other homes around it. Any flower boxes that were in the yard were broken and had dirt seeping out of them. That was definitely something Isla would find herself fixing.

The seventeen-year-old stepped out of the car, not forgetting to turn the vehicle off -- she had made that mistake one too many times before. She held her water bottle in one hand and the keys in the other. Her dog jumped out of the open door right after her.

Isla took a deep breath, she hadn't been here since she was probably only a few years old, maybe even younger. She wouldn't be surprised if her uncle didn't remember her, let alone know who she was. But just looking at the house gave her flashes of memories she could remember.

Isla walked up to the door, her white shoes dragging in the mud and her hair was dampening by the second. Her fist raised and she knocked on the wooden door. Snacks settled by her feet.

She was nervous, to say the least.

Seconds later it swung open by a dirty blond male who stood in the warmth of his home.