seventeen ✓ prom

chapter ; seventeen

title ; prom

act one ; twilight

Isla was half asleep watching whatever had popped up on her tv screen when Alice popped her head in the teenager's open window. Isla had been leaving it open in hopes for Alice to show up and sneak in.

The smell of mint and eucalyptus was strong and temporarily paused Alice so she could breathe in the scents. The vampire carefully climbed through the window and sat on the edge of Islas bed.

She was back and had no scratches, she was safe.

But Isla had worried and worried, and there's no say if Isla was still mad or not.

"Are you okay?" Isla asked quietly as she rolled over on her side so she could face Alice.

"I am. I'm sorry I never replied to you." Alice apologized.

"It's okay. After my last call, I assumed you had just gotten busy."

"We messed up. We had brought Bella with us to a baseball game and a rogue vampire had got ahold of her scent. He had chased and chased us and Bella. We had gotten her out of town but he found her." Alice told Isla before continuing to tell her about everything else, being completely honest.

And that was the start of something unbreakable.

════════════════

Isla exited her home in a white spaghetti strap dress. Its length was perfect, just falling past her knees. The human girl used her hands to steady herself since she had very little experience in high heels — yet Alice had made her wear the heels.

Isla stumbled as she walked forward until she was close enough for Alice to hold her. Once she was in Alice's grasp she helped her into the small little pretty car, wasting no time in heading for the prom.

Unfortunately, a few of the Cullens had chosen to not go to prom. Jasper was one-thousand percent convinced he would drink someone dry — because he's still a newborn vampire.

Much to Islas dismay she had been dragged along to prom, put into a fancy white dress and hair and makeup all done. (thanks to Rosalie)

Prom wasn't her thing. Okay, that's a lie, big huge fancy events weren't her things, and that included prom.

Once Alice had helped her girlfriend
—( oh yes. It had been two days since Alice returned and since then they had gone out together on a date, two dates. And as much as Isla hated labels, she couldn't help be drawn by some magical force that told her she would be happy being Alice's girlfriend )— out of the car and into the building prom was being held in.

Monte Carlo style. Gaming tables and roulette wheels. Guys in tuxes and girls in gowns gamble for prizes, dance and socialize. It's what Isla expected Vegas to look like — but a teen addition.

"Are you are trying to kill me?" Isla asks her girlfriend.

"Prom is an important rite of passage. I don't want you to miss anything. And you look so beautiful in your outfit. " Alice states smirking widely.

"Jasper and Natalie got to stay home!" Isla exclaims but she can't be mad at her because she knows that she's only doing this out of kindness and love. (but Isla would much rather be at home in a bundle of blankets watching some movie than be at prom.)

Alice smirks turning to Isla, "Shall we?" She lightly moves her outside to where a gazebo is lit up brightly.

Isla laughs then realizes she's serious. "How?! I don't have working feet."

Alice doesn't answer, as she more or less carries Isla to the gazebo where she then places her feet atop her own. Alice starts to move and Isla begins to enjoy it.

"See. That's how, baby."

"Oh shush."

They keep dancing, slowly, hoping to just stay in the piece and quiet. Alice occasionally listens to the hums that leave Islas glossed lips.

"What's on your mind?" Isla softly asks.

"You. It's always you." Isla can't help but blush, Alice's words making her stomach do flips.

"I love you," Alice murmurs as she looks into Islas's eyes.

"Woah. Little fast now, Ally. At least take me on a third date before we start saying "I love you"."

END OF ACT ONE