seven ✓ oops

chapter ; seven

title ; oops

act one ; twilight

Islas uncle had started to pick her up every day now. She would ride with Bella to school and her uncle would pick her up and take her to his work, her grandparents, or Islas place of work. She wasn't into driving herself around a lot, fearing she would crash her grandparents' car.

"Please don't do that!" Tobias yelled as his niece childishly jumped into puddles. He started to run after her, not even paying attention to the water and patches of black ice. Students all overwatch as the family members acted like a happy family.

Alice watches from across the parking lot as Isla jumps into puddles of water and slides on patches of ice. Her cheeks are shaded rosy from the cold. Alice takes notice of her uncle chasing after her, the plays in his voice as he yells after her. Bella falls after Isla, a grin on her face as she yells for her friend—who had splashed her.

Isla slips and lands right on her butt. She mutters a swear word as she feels a slight pain. She stands up slowly, trying not to fall again. Her eyes land on Alice Cullen who's standing by her brother's silver Volvo. She locks eyes with her, Alice can't help but chuckle. Isla notices that.

In a split second, a high-pitched screech enters her ears and the eras of everyone around. It seems to quickly grow louder and louder. Isla turns her head to see a van skidding on the ice out of control, heading directly for her and Bella, who now stood side by side. In her frozen state, she can hear Tobias and others yelling for her.

Next thing Isla knew she was pushing Bella out of the way and moving. Alice — who was watching from afar had two options, speed over and save Isla and risk her identity, or let it play out.

She picked the first option.

Alice had sent a look to her siblings before she raced towards Isla and moved out of the way just in time. She had managed to not touch the car, avoiding making any noticeable dents. Still, Isla managed to hit her head on the concrete, but she was safe in the arms of Alice, and that's all that matters. The faces of students enter both the brunette visions, one more blurry than the other. They're all yelling, asking if she's okay.

Isla wasn't, but she wouldn't say that. She had a feeling Alice knew she wasn't, and that's why the vampire held her closer until Tobias pulled Isla out of the vampire's arms.

Isla could have died —— of course, she wouldn't be okay.

There is still and an insane amount of screaming and calls for help. But Isla can't be bothered with it as she shakes lightly in her uncle's arms. The trembling girl can hear some people rushing their words out to who she assumes are paramedics.

"Are you okay?!" Bella's voice is just above her normal point of loudness.

Isla doesn't register the paramedics moving her into an ambulance. Her hand stays clasped with her uncles. Not finding any will to let go.

═══════════════════

The double doors open as Charlie, and Islas grandparents rush in. After a few visits, he had to meet the Wilson daughter, he had grown to her and her grandparent's jokes. So when he was called about his daughter and her friend, informing him that they had been involved in an accident he rushed over. His face is white with terror as he spots the two teenagers in the small ER area.

Islas sitting on a gurney, the ER doctor looking into her eyes with a penlight. On the next gurney over, Bella, and the van driver sit debating and apologizing for the hundredth time.

Islas grandparents rush up to their grandchild and son. "Isla. Are you alright? Is she okay?" Mark, the grandfather first asks the disoriented teen, who doesn't answer, but then turns towards the ER doctor.

"I'm fine, grandpa. You can calm down." Isla speaks, cutting the ER doctor off.

"I'm so sorry, guys. I tried to stop." Tyler's voice is full of emotion.

"It's okay, Tyler." Isla turns to look at the darker-skinned boy.

"It's sure as hell is not okay."

"Okay?! Okay! You could have died."

The two males, Charlie and Tobias exclaim in sync.

"Charlie, it's not his fault—" Bella tries to reason.

"You both could have died." Charlie sternly cut his daughter off.

"But we didn't." Isla gives a cheeky grin.

Charlie gave her a slight smile before turning to his daughter. "I'm glad you're okay." He would have hugged his daughter, but that wasn't who he or she was. Instead, he turns to glare at Tyler, "You can kiss your license goodbye."

"I heard the chief's daughter and the Wilsons were back again." doctor Cullen says as he walks into the ER.

"Again?!" Charlie says looking concerned.

Everyone looks up as doctor Cullen, a doctor in mid thirty's approaches, his short blond hair swaying.

"Carlisle!" Isla happily sighs, in the short amount of time living in forks, doctor Cullen had become her favourite doctor. And she had been to a lot of doctors because she's crazily clumsy.

"I got this one, Jackie." doctor Cullen smiles towards the ER doctor.

The ER doctor, Jackie, hands doctor Cullen the chart before exiting. Carlisle reviews Islas chart before pulling a pair of gloves on. He feels the back of his head for anything. When he feels the bump, he pulls away. "Look here." He puts his finger out before shining a light in her eyes.

"You have a nice bump back there, again. Your x-ray shows no sign of a concussion, which is a surprise." Carlisle playfully smiles.

Tyler looks over at Isla, feeling even worse. "I'm so sorry. I really—" Tobias pulls the curtain that's between the two gurneys shut, cutting the boy off.

"How are you feeling? Any pain?" The doctor asks.

"Just that bump." Isla plays with the rings on her fingers and Carlisle looks through the chart once more.

"Everything seems to be okay. You might experience some post-traumatic stress or disorientation." He says to Isla before turning to her family, "Some basic pain medication will help with the pain, and if she's having any trouble sleeping, or doing normal tasks, if her head gets worse or she's starting to show signs of a concussion: you have my contact."

"Thanks, doc!" Isla jumps up from the gurney only to be pushed back down by her grandmother.

"Stay, well we sign you out." Her grandma says before leaving Islas, grandfather.

"So chief, any new music your listening to? I'd guess some country?" Everyone laughs at Islas's attempt to start a conversation.

Before she knew it, Isla was back in bed. No worry in the world for whatever could happen tomorrow.