twenty three ✓ crash and burn

chapter ; twenty three

title ; crash and burn

act two ; new moon

"You look scared." Isla points out the obvious to Bella.

Bella was scared in some sense. She originally wanted to do this so she could see Edward again, but now that Isla bad helped her move on and realize that she was a bad ass bitch, she feared to see Edward again.

"I'm not." Bella lies, she moves to straddle the now completed motorcycle. Isla stands next to her, holding the bike up.

The bike is aimed down a dirt road, they had chose to go somewhere else instead of the location Bella had in mind. Figuring that Bella could take Isla some other time. 

"Brake?" Bella taps it.
"Clutch?" She squeezes it
"Right. Gas?" Bella grips it.

"You ready?" Bella nods and Isla grins, "Slowly... release the clutch."

Bella does as told and the bike moves forward an inch and Isla steady to the side. Bella's hand slips off the clutch, and the bike lurches and falls on top of her.

Isla is quick tom lift it off of Bella, "You okay? Bruises, breaks?"

"I'm going again." Bella dismisses the questions about her fall. She's determined now, that she can do this.

"I'm not sure that's a good—" Bella quickly rises and hops back on. "—Guess we're going again. Now what are you going to do with the clutch?"

"Release it. Slowly." Isla nods and kick starts the bike again, releases the clutch and moves forward. Slowly at first. She keeps going, a little faster. The wind whips her hair around as she gathers speed.

Bella let's out a joyful shout, and for a moment, experiences pure freedom, exhilaration.

"I don't — how do I turn!?" The words are rushed and Isla stands there shocked before she starts to yell for Bella to hit the fucking brakes.

She reaches the turn, doesn't bank, goes straight and flies right into a wall of trees. As she lies on the ground dazed, Isla hurries up to the sprawled out girl.

"I want to go again."

"No. Fucking. Way. Sorry!"

════════════════

Isla and Bella walk side by side as they enter a clearing. The two step into the clearing with smiles, bright coloured flowers scattered all around them.

Isla sets down a picnic basic and moves to lay on the grass, Bella following in suit.

The two friends are relaxing and eating when a twig in the distance snaps, neither girl think anything of it until someone stands right in front of them.

"Laurent?"

"You know him?"

"Bella."

"I must admit, I didn't expect to find you here." Laurent darkly chuckled.

"Yeah, I live here." Bella states in a dull tone.

"I went to visit the Cullens, but their house is empty. I'm surprised they left you behind. Weren't you sort of a pet of theirs?" Bella's smile falters, fear beginning to dawn on her.
"Um... something like that."

"And you. Your scent is all over that house." Laurent turns to Isla who doesn't know what to say.

"Do the Cullens visit often?" Laurent asks with a smirk.

"Absolutely. All the time." Bella lies.

"We'll tell them you stopped by." Isla adds.

"I came back here as a favor to Victoria." The human girls hearts drop.

"You're still friends."

"More or less. She asked me to get the lay of the land with the Cullens. Because, well... I'm afraid Victoria iss quite put out with you."

Bella sighs "That's... too bad."

"Yes. She feels it's only fair to kill Edward's mate, given he killed hers. Eye for an eye, mate for a mate. But I think I'll change something up."

"Edward will know who did it. He'll come after both of you." Bella threatens.

"I don't think he will. After all, how much could you mean to him if he left you here unprotected?" Neither of the girls say anything.

"Please stop." Isla pleads weakly.

"No, no, no. Don't be upset. I'm doing you a kindness. Victoria plans on killing you slowly, painfully. Where as I'll make it very quick." He inhaled. "And you smell so... mouth watering."

Laurent moves towards Bella first, but Isla, being the stupid person she chose to be, pushed her out of the way so she stood right in front of the vampire.

"Brave one." He snarls before grabbing her harshly and moving to smell her.

Isla let's out a shriek and tries to wiggle out of his grasp, Bella can only watch hopelessly as Laurent gets ready to bite the human.

"Now, now. Don't be afraid."

His fangs move closer to her neck and before Bella can blink, his teeth are sunken into Islas skin, blood leaking from the wound.

Isla screams.

What look to be giant wolves move out of the tree line and take a few steps closer to the vampire and injured human.

"Stop!" Isla shrieks feeling the burn of the bite on her neck.

Laurent let's the human fall to the ground as the wolves move closer and close until they are chasing after him.

Bella scrambles towards Isla, lifting the Wilson girls head onto her lap. "It's okay. It's okay." Bella soothes and she sniffles.

"I know. I know, Bells." Isla mutters softly before the burning starts. And then the very unnecessary moving. Then the cry's and screams of pain.

Then Isla stilled. The once lucky human, now dead at the hands of Laurent.

Well, she was dead for now, but soon, her eyes would re open and things would be a lot different.

END OF ACT TWO