two ✓ too many weeks ago

chapter ; two

title ; too many weeks ago

act one ; twilight

... SIX WEEKS AGO

A teenager named Isla Wilson wanted lots of things in life, but right now the only think she wanted was to scream. She wanted to yell until her lungs caved and she couldn't make the horrible dying cat sound any longer. She wanted, needed, to feel her throat burn for her to shut up, for a glass of water, for relief.

Now why did Isla need to scream? Simple, her mother had sat her down and told her how proud she was that Isla was getting married. Yes, the teenager who had only ONE boyfriend in her entire life had become a fiancé to a very boring man.

The wedding was soon, and Isla couldn't help but have cold feet — it wasn't even cold feet, it was the feeling of being trapped and needed to leave faster than her parents, Chanel and Ashton, could notice.

Without thinking a scream left the teenagers throat. She stood up fast, her hair whipping around as the action and the chair she had been sitting on tumbled to the floor with a 'screech'.

"Isla!" Her mother wore a fake concerned expression as she looked to her daughter — Isla could see the anger hidden behind her mothers mask of fake love.

"No! I-I... Mom!" Isla exclaimed not knowing what to say, she just needed to scream without any words cutting her off, so that's what she did: scream.

... FIVE WEEKS AGO

"Sweetheart?" Mary, Islas grandmother cooed softly, her hand reaching out to pull her granddaughter into her arms. They felt like home.

Isla and her grandmother were standing awkwardly in the middle of the San Francisco, California airport. Mary had just gotten off a plane and found her granddaughter curled up on a shitty plastic chair. It broke her aging heart to see the damage that had been done.

"Let's go home, huh?" Mary whispered and tucked Isla into her arms and moved towards the next plane they would take.

The word home felt weird and fuzzy in Islas brain, it stung. She didn't see San Francisco like home because it's where her past sleep, a past she wished she didn't have. But Forks, she could make that her home, where hopefully her past couldn't catch up to her.

... FOUR WEEKS AGO

Islas first day was nothing but great. The people had been welcoming and clingy — which Isla found odd, but who was she to question it all?

Her first few classes were good, having met a few students who could potentially be friends? Did she want friends? That was something Isla needed to figure out, because she was scared that if she had a friend, it might turn into a mother situation where she had to runaway.

"Mike, you me my home girl Isla?" Eric gave Mike a glance as he wrapped his arm around Islas shoulder — the girl tried hard not to shake it off.

Mike looks between Isla and Eric, hidden jealousy on his face, "Your home girl?"

Jessica leans forward, "It's first grade all over again, and you're the shiny new toy everyone wants."