eighteen ✓ happy b-day bella

chapter ; eighteen

title ; happy b-day bella

act two ; new moon

Isla grinned as Alice ran around frantically, preparing things for Bella's birthday party that night. Isla was more than happy to help, but every time Isla stood up Alice would lightly push her down, saying something along the lines that she shouldn't have too.

Candles were falling out of boxes as she searched for certain ones hurriedly.

"Alice, Alice, sweetheart, don't you think this is a bit much?" Isla asked from her spot.

The vampire let out an offended huff, putting her hands on her hips making Rosalie and Isla snort from her corner of the room and Islas chair.

"I'd run. Maybe get a head start," Emmett muttered with a grin.

Alice began to wave her hands around in a panic as she rambled. "But what if Bella doesn't like it? It has to be perfect!"

Isla smiled and made her way to Alice and wrapped her arms around her waist. "Bella's a simple person." She muttered with a shrug.

"Don't we know it," Rosalie muttered, earning herself a look from the human.

Alice pouted at the girl making Isla smile brightly. She pressed a short kiss to her forehead and smiled softly. "Don't go overboard, please."

════════════

Alice had gone overboard, Isla had walked away for a few moments to get ready and when she came back the entire living room had been decked out with twice as many decorations.

"Sweets," Isla started with a laugh and smile.

"I know, but I found so many pretty, and before I knew it the room was filled." The vampire beamed.

Isla let out another small laugh before pressing a short kiss to Alice's lips. "It looks beautiful."

"Thank you." Alice returned the kiss.

A few moments later Bella was spotted on the top of the stairs with Edward in hand. All eyes were on her as she made her way down the stairs with a smile gracing her face.

The evening went by quickly, in a mix of flashing camera lights and gift wrap. Isla was sure Bella had never smiled so much before.

Unfortunately, the joy and smiles didn't last long. It never does.

Alice and Isla stepped forward with a small box and handed it over to Bella. "I picked it out. Alice wrapped... and payed for it."

Time seemed to move slowly as she opened it carelessly. Without noticing, she moved her finger across the paper causing it to slit her finger.

Bella hissed and shook her hand instinctively, causing a droplet of blood to fall on the carpet. "Paper cut." A single drop of deep red blood settles into the carpet and Bella thinks nothing of it.

Jasper lunges toward her, teeth bared, eyes beyond reason. Edward flings Bella behind his own body, causing her to crash into the table, plates shattering. Jasper slams into Edward, the collision sounding like boulders colliding.

Edward pushes him, hard; Jasper flys backward, hitting the wall. But he pushes off it and comes back at Bella.BEmmett and Carlisle tackle Jasper from the side, dragging him to the ground

Natalie helps hold him down, "Jaz... shhh." But she stops, her head suddenly jerking toward Bella. Then everybody's eyes snap toward Bella as they catch the overwhelming scent. Bella is lying amid the shards of broken china. She looks at her arm, seeing now, it's been slashed by plate shards; bright red blood pulses out of her, pooling.

Bella looked up and everything seems to go in slow motion. All of them now, including Edward (but not Carlisle) stare down at her, at her blood, with fevered eyes.

While Bella thought it wasn't a big deal Edward thought otherwise. A snarl came from Jasper sending everyone on edge once again. Without thinking Edward had pushed Bella back once again, causing her to fall back into a glass table, again, making the damage worse than before.

Isla was quick to go to Bella's side this time, as she winced in pain, bleeding more than before.

"I'm fine," Bella gasped. "Help Jasper."

Isla couldn't help the blond vampire, it was a worthless plead from Bella as Isla just wrapped her own hands around Bella's wounds, keeping pressure.

Alice, Jasper, and Natalie left the room leaving the rest of the coven with Isla and Bella, bleeding and cut up on the floor.