nineteen ✓ goodbye for now

chapter ; nineteen

title ; goodbye for now

act two ; new moon

Isla didn't know that her visit to the hospital would be the last time she saw carlisle for awhile. Isla was sprawled across the plastic, uncomfortable waiting room chairs. It was a check up for her wrist — which she had hurt taking a fall. A book was placed done on her slowly rising chest, her sleeping chest, somehow in the hour time span she had fallen asleep. Which was a great thing, because the girl couldn't end up sleeping without her mind making her see things: the events that Alice and Bella had described to her.

The red eyes seeming too pop up whenever she dreamed.

Around an hour after his scheduled appointment with Isla, Carlisle entered the waiting room looking for her. When he didn't spot the girl he started to worry, he could hear her heartbeat but couldn't see her, and was starting to question his sanity.

"Isla?" He called out softly.

A thump was heard and Carlisle looked towards the middle of the waiting room where a little children's play table was. Sitting down on a little yellow beanbag, which Isla was practically built for. In her hand was a little wooden block and in front of her was a tower that seemed to have just fallen down. "Carlisle! You made my tower fall." She pouted.

The doctor chuckled as he lead the girl towards and examining room.

Her wrist was great — the sprain healed, she could live without the stupid contraption of bandages Alice always used.

Now and now after a long talk with Carlisle about her sleeping and mental health, was provided with a small orange bottle of sleeping pills to help her sleep.

══════════

Isla let out a groan into Alice's shoulder. The human was going through her period and desperately needed some distraction or relief of her cramps. And that's where Alice came into view, the vampire laying her cold body on top of Islas. The action seemed to work because with the pressure, Isla shut up and stopped complying.

"Thank you, Alle."

"Of course, love."

════════

Alice Cullen knocked on Islas bedroom door. Isla opens the door with a happy smile but it disappears as soon as she sees Alice's sad, distant face. "Hey, you alright?"

It had been months since prom, since the whole attack from the rouge vampires against Bella and the Cullens. And Bella was doing well. Alice — no, all the Cullens — had been distant lately and it decently put Isla on edge.

"Walk with me?" She ignores her question about her well-being.

Alice gently takes her hand in her own. Dread fills Isla, but she lets her guide her toward the woods. Who knows, maybe she'll murder her and that's why she wanted her out in the woods.

Alice stops by a fallen tree. 

"We need to leave Forks." Alice announces with no emotion, or all of her emotion hidden. Just get it done and over with— she keeps telling herself.

"Okay? Why, what's up?" Isla asks slowly, trying to process her girlfriends words.

"It's time. Carlisle's supposed to be ten years older than he looks; people will start noticing."

"When?"

"Now."

Isla pauses, she's most likely sure that Alice means her and her family. And that this is the end.

"Is this because of what happened at Bella's birthday? Because that wasn't your fault." Isla added quickly.

Isla looks up at her girlfriend — is she even her girlfriend now?.

With a tearful, furious expression. "Y-your leaving?!" — she pushes Alice's shoulders and Alice takes the blow,
"Y-you are leaving, we-we just started dating!I told my grandparents about you! I love you!" She shouts coldly.

"This doesn't mean we have to break up." If Edward knew that Alice and Isla aren't breaking up, he might have flipped his shit all upside down.

"What? N-no, I'm coming. Like it or not." The tears are running down her rosy cheeks as she yells and hits her shoulders, even though it doesn't do Alice any damage.

"I love you! I do, but your my world, and I can't let you come!"

That's the last straw. Isla feels like she's been slapped in the face, hard. She steps back trying to understand this. She steps backwards away from Alice. Her girlfriend was leaving, leaving her and telling her that she didn't - couldn't - let her come with the Cullen family. and Alice knew how much she disliked relationships but how Isla had practically bent her life rules for her, so they could be together. Then Alice suggests they do long distance.

Done with the situation, she's about to turn and go inside, but Alice's voice fills her ears. "I'd like to ask one favor though." the vampire paused. "I'm not asking. I need you to do this okay?"

Isla looks up hopeful, "Anything."     

"Don't do anything stupid or reckless, do you understand? For my sake, Bella's, anyone who cares about you."

"I w-will." She sniffles.

Alice softens ever-so-slightly. Her cold mask falling. "I'll watch over you, make sure you safe. And we can talk everyday."

"Please..."

Alice steps forward and wraps her cold arms around Isla, tightly hugging "I'll be back. I promise." and then she's gone.