1. New Beginnings

I woke up to the sound of my alarm. I got and up and stretched before heading to my bathroom to freshen up.
Once I was done I headed to Marshall's room and knocked on his door before entering. "Marshall, it's time to get up," I said quietly.

Marshall rolled over his bed and I rolled my eyes. Knowing that I didn't have time for this I walked up to his bed and pulled off the covers.
Marshall immediately opened his eyes before giggling. "Morning Momma," he said excitedly. I smiled.

"Morning kiddo," I said with a smile. Today was going to be my first day at my new job and Marshall's first day at preschool. He is 2 and I got him at a one night stand, at a 5 star hotel, in Italy.
I tried telling the man that impregnated me that Marshall was his but he ignored me. Instead he told me to get rid of the baby and never speak to or of him again.

I wouldn't say I wasn't mad at him but I left him alone. Instead, I moved back in with my Mom where her and my family supported me through the pregnancy journey.
Life was good until last year September when I had gotten a phone call saying I had gotten position at a packaging company here in Italy.

It was willing to pay alot so I moved here with Marshall and I'm excited. I was done getting Marshall ready for kindergarten and he was downstairs eating breakfast as he watched Paw Patrol. I was getting ready now for work when I looked at myself in the mirror before I smiled.
I had been dreaming of this day ever since I finished Varsity. And now it was finally happening.

I went downstairs and grabbed my stuff before heading to the garage. I was renting a small townhouse in a lovely neighborhood. Everyone here was nice to me so far and I was enjoying my stay here.
I had also bought a 2018 Range Rover Evoque with the money I got from my previous job back in California.
Everything was working well for me.

As I buckled up Marshall in his car seat I asked him if he was ready for kindergarten since it was his first day. "Yesh, I can't wait to make a fwiend today at scwoool," said Marshall.
My smile then immediately dropped a bit. Marshall had selective mutism and had difficulties making friends back in Cal.

The Doctor I had taken him to suggested I speak with him most of the time so he can get comfortable with speaking and then surely he would be able to talk to other people.
So far he has only spoke with me and my mother and sometimes my other relatives.
Everyone else were like talking statutes to him. I kissed Marshall on the cheek before I made my way to the driver's seat.

I buckled up and drove to Marshall's kindergarten before dropping him off. It wasn't a fancy or fabulous kindergarten but it was good for starters.
As long as I get paid with my new job I could get Marshall into a good school and still manage to send money back home to my Mother.

I watched as Marshall waved at me before turning around and entering the school doors. He sent me a smile and I sent him a thumbs up. I then made my way back to my car and drive to my work place.
I arrived at the building and parked my car before heading out.

I looked at the building and smiled.

"Do it for Marshall,"