28. Bad News

"Okay...what about this one?" asked Adele for the sixteenth time. "No," replied Nikolai. I saw the frustration on Adele's face as she put down the piece of blue fabric and picked up another one.

Currently, I was in one of Ivan's dresser rooms with Adele, the said tailor, Nikolai and Sero. The two came by for Nikolai's suit colour choosing. Originally, Ivan was supposed to be here too but he said and I quote, 'I have other important things to do'.
"Again sir, I think that-" "For fucks sake Adele! All these colours are shit!" roared Nikolai. I jumped out my seat and Adele did too. Sero, who was sitting next to me, immediately got up. He had an unfazed looked and slowly started walking towards Nikolai.

He gestured for Adele to leave and she did so in a hurry. Leaving the different coloured pieced of fabric behind on the table. Once the door closed, Sero wrapped his arms around Nikolai's waist from behind . "Mi amor, I understand you're feeling a bit...frustrated but how about we calm down a bit," said Sero as he gently kissed Nikolai's neck.

Nikolai let out a frustrated sigh and ran his hand through his hair. "I'm fucking pissed Sero," he whispered. "I just don't understand how she could fucking say that to you!" exclaimed Nikolai. "I mean, is a mother not supposed to support her son? Don't even get me started on fucking Ivan and his personal shit. I've been cleaning up his messes and-" "Nik. We're not alone baby," interrupted Sero.
The two slowly separated from each other and turned towards me. Nikolai gave me an irritated look and turned back to the fabrics. Sero on the other hand, gently smiled at me.

"I'm sorry Hazel. Nikolai is just a bit...fussy today," he explained. "Yeah right..." muttered Nikolai.
"We just...happened to run into his Mom and..." Sero trailed off.

Now this was my chance. My chance to get some answers. "And?" I  asked.
Sero looked at me unsure, as if he wasn't allowed to answer the question.
"And she told me to tell you that you better watch out cause Ivan's planning something stupid," spoke Nikolai. Stupid?
"What Nikolai is trying to say is. Ivan had somewhere else to be which made his brother upset because today they were supposed to catch up," said Sero.

"So, where is he then?" I asked. Sero cleared his throat and took a breath. He opened his mouth to speak but Nikolai beat him to it. "Planning a killing spree," answered Nikolai. "Nikolai..." warned Sero as he turned to the older man with a warning gaze.

"What she had to know sooner or later!" argued Nikolai. He shot his hand in the air and gestured towards me. "It's not my fault she decided to fuck dangerous people. Now look where she is!" he exclaimed. "She's bound to die anytime soon!"
My eyes shot up. Die. Once I heard that word my thoughts went to Marshall. If I were to die, what was to happen to him? My baby boy...in the hands of Satan himself. I couldn't even begin to imagine the things Dimitri would do to him.

"Niko! I get you're mad but have some damn dignity!" shouted Sero. Now it was his turn to get angry. "Look mi amor, I get your upset about what happened earlier but-" "But what? I have to act appropriately? Or let me guess, shut my mouth? I don't fucking care anymore Sero! I'm tired of picking up and cleaning people's shit, dealing with a psychotic mother and most importantly I'm tired of taking medication just to satisfy you! I'm done Sero!" Nikolai pushed past Sero and stormed out.

The door slammed shut and there was silence. My eyes went to Sero. His mouth was shut and he looked like he was about to break at any momement. Then it clicked...I had just witnessed a break up. I think? And a bad one at that in fact. My mind replayed the conversation that just took place and my it instantly reminded me of Dimitri. I was so unfazed by Nikolai's anger towards me and Sero that it reminded me that I was so ised to it. "Hazel," called Sero.
I looked him in the eyes, waiting for what he was about to say next. A few seconds passed and then I saw the first tear fall out his eye.

"I'm sorry you had to see that- Nikolai-He's not normally like that, he-" I immediately got up and hugged Sero. I didn't know what he was going through currently or what he wss feeling. But I did know that showing him I was there for him would help...right?

Sero hugged me back for a short while and shook his head. "Sero...I'm sorry," I whispered. "I didn't mean-" "It's alright Hazel. He'll come around...again,"sighed Sero in disbelief. Again? "But I wanted to let you know that...what Nikolai said. About the killing spree?" Sero paused and looked at me. I watched as his eyebrows dropped and his expression go serious.

"War is coming Hazel,"