26. Miss...?

Ivan closed the car door and put on his seat belt. I watched him stretch his hand out the window and signal for the other four expensive cars to follow. Two behind us and two infront. We were heading home now after what had just happened in the building. Ivan had refused to speak to me and I knew it was because I came to his work office without asking. All I wanted to do was deliver him some lunch. It took alot of convincing to get his driver to get me here and all my work was thrown down the drain once I saw Dimitri.

Marshall was in his car seat at the back. He was dozed off. I set my eyes on the road as we began our journey back to the penthouse. It was quiet, and I usually enjoyed quiet, but not this type of quiet. "Ivan...I-" "Am sorry? I've heard enough Hazel. All I wanted was for you to stay at the house and be safe. Why did you have to go again my orders?" asked Ivan. His tone was low and blunt.

"Maybe it's because, I was hungry and wanted to do an act of kindness," I answered. This kept Ivan quiet. "Well next time, inform me once you leave the penthouse," said Ivan. I rolled my eyes. "Ai ai captain," I sighed.
We eventually got to the penthouse and Ivan opened the door for Marshall and I. Marshall was sleeping in my arms, and drool was slowly leaving his mouth. "If you need anything I'll-" "Ivan,"

There were loud clicking of heels and soon came in a tall lady. She was very skinny, or fit to say the least and had wrinkles all over her face. She was wearing a lavish pink bodycon dress and hot pink lipstick. She first looked at Ivan and then at me. I was silently praying it was not another one of Ivan's crazy ex girlfriends. But she looked a bit too old to be. I heard Ivan curse something under is breath and sigh. The lady infront of us looked back at Ivan and clicked her tongue.

"You did not answer my calls and now I see why," started the lady. She took off her large glasses and you could see her crystal blue eyes. "You're too busy running around with innocent young married women. You throw our family name into the dirt!" spat the women. I was going to tell her that I'm not married when Marshall slowly started waking up. "Momma?"
He slowly rubbed his eyes and looked around. "Ivan...is this?" The lady looked at Marshall with hesitation. She slowly came near me but Ivan blocked her before she could come any closer.

"Yes, he is. Now please mother, head to the kitchen and we'll talk there," answered Ivan. The lady looked me in the eyes. She looked guilty and pitiful. "Ivan, this is not right. Dimitri will start a war if he finds out you took-" "He already knows mother. And I made a promise to Chloe that I'd protect them. Something that you failed to do for Chloe," sneered Ivan. Mother? Chloe? But wasn't she an orphan? But if this is her mom then?

Ivan's Mom slowly backed up. "Don't bring your sister into this. I left her where she was so she was protected. Protected from this ruthless world. The world I didn't want to give her. She deserved better-" "She deserves a mother! Maybe if you had stop lying and admitted that you were cheating on my father with another man, Chloe would have stayed with us. Chloe would have had a better life than what she had to go through!" Oh snap! I felt as if I was on the stage of a real life Telanovela. Ivan's Mom raised her hand to silence him.

"Don't you dare raise your hand in my house,"

*Update*
Sorry for the late update. I was very unmotivated to write. So to make it up to you guys! The next chapter, will be in the POV of...drum roll please...Dimitri! Have a good day all my loves!