27. Soft

*Punch* "And if I ever-" *Punch* "Catch you doing drugs again-" *Punch* "I'll kill you!" The bloodied teenaged boy eagerly shook his and I let go of his collar. He quickly got up amd ran out of the room followed by the unproperly dressed girl.
Disgusting. I walked up to the rusty table and grabbed a wet cloth to wipe my hands. "You were being soft on them. You're never soft on them," chuckled Max. One of my cousins who used to help me run this mafia mess.
"And only now you notice. Our little brother has gone soft ever since he had that boy," added Pedro. He was sitting awkwardly on the chair and had a half empty bottle of alcohol.

"I never knew you were into the exotic kind Dimitri," slurred Pedro. At that moment I didn't even recognize the gun I had up to his head.

  "Call my wife that again and I'll kill you. Family or not," I whispered.
Pedro's eyes dropped and he slowly nodded his head. He let out a loud burp and slouched down in his chair. "Here," he says. He holds out the glass of the bitter beverage.
"A solution to your problems," he laughed. He was drunk. "As if a liquid is going to take out Ivan," muttered Max. He had moved across the room to a window where he was now putting on a cigarette. "Just accept it Dimitri. Ivan has your son. We might as well leave it before your start another war," stated Max.

His hand travelled down to his brown trouser pants which where hiding his prosthetic leg. "We might actually spare important lives this time," added Max. His attention was out the window and now I knew we had lost him.
"Max is right. If you want your wife and son alive. Don't start a damn war. Unless...you'd like a position at the table of family dissapointments," gestures Pedro towards Max.
Max let out a smoke and sighed. "Remind me why Papa kicked you out on the streets?"  asked Max. That shut Pedro up. At least for a minute.

Pedro dropped the bottle and chuckled. "And you think you're special just because you lost your son? You're a pity case Maxwell. Be grateful they spared your own life because of that broken leg of yours," "Enough!" I shouted. These two were giving me a headache. I wasn't even supposed to be here with them.
I was sent here to deal with the teenaged boys who Pedro hired to sell drugs. Three of them weren't on time to one of the dealers and I was sent to deal with the children since nobody could bare the sights of these two dissapointments. Maxwell and Pedro. The dirt of our family.

Even being near them makes me disgusted. They were just as useless as the others.
My mind then trailed of to Hazel and Marshall. Wondering what they were doing right now. All I wanted to do was protect them. And they didn't see that.

"What are you thinking of boss?" asked Pedro. His voice held a tint of boredom in them.
I held my gun in my hand and examined it. Thinking of how perfect it would look on Ivan's head.
"I'm thinking of getting back what's mine," I answered.
Pedro sighed. "Well good luck with that. Although I must say. Ivan is pretty str-" *Bang*
I watched as Pedro's body slumped to the ground with blood gushing out his mouth. It was about time he shut up.

My eyes travelled to Maxwell who was now putting out the cigar. "You're going to regret this Dimitri. Ivan is a dangerous man but nonetheless. Why would you listen to me?" chuckled Maxwell. He turned to me and smiled . "Tell your son I 'Hi' but until then, I'll meet you in Hell you son of a-" *Bang*

Now I was starting to understand why everyone disliked these two idiots. They were useless. Always thinking of the outcome.
They brought shame to the family name. Now all I could think about was Hazel. My Hazel. My son. My heir. Marshall. And that bloody Russian boy scout. When I saw Hazel that's when I knew, I was losing in this game. It's time for me to step up and claim my prize.

I'm coming for you Princess.