7. Tension

I sat down by our table and Marshall sat next to me whilst looking at Dimitri. I had no expressions on my face but Dimitri just smiled.
"How are you guys today?" he asked me. Bad. "Good, thanks for asking," I said with a fake smile. "And what about you Hero?" asked Dimitri as he turned his attention to Marshall.

Marshall nodded his head. "Good," he said. I started taking notice that Dimitri calls Marshall 'Hero' and it was...kind of cute.
"So how was school this week?" asked Dimitri.

---

Lunch was fine. It mostly consisted of Marshall conversing with Dimitri and me just listening. Dimitri would try create small talk with me but I simply avoided them with short answers.

"Marshall, do you like ice - cream?" asked Dimitri. "Yes," said Marshall as he got excited. "Well how about you go over there to that ice - cream booth. You can make your own customised ice - cream."
Before Marshall could answer a waitress came to us and offered to take Marshall to the ice cream booth. Marshall smiled and followed.

I watched them as they both walked to the ice - cream booth. "I would like for you and Marshall to move in with me," said Dimitri.
My head immediately turned to him.
"Excuse me?" I asked. "You heard me princess. It's the only way you and Marshall can be safe-" "From what?" I asked.

"That's nothing of your concerns Hazel. All I need is for you to pack your stuff and-" "No Dimitri. I don't even know you and now you want me to come live with you?!" I whisper shouted.
I held the bridge of my nose. "Look, I understand you want to see Marshall but weren't you the one that told me to get rid of him?" I asked.

Dimitri went silent. "I thought so, now I'd like to thank you for the dinner but I'm leaving," I said as I got up and grabbed my handbag.
"Hazel sit down," said Dimitri quietly. I could tell he didn't want to cause I scene but I didn't care. I walked to the ice - cream booth and fetched Marshall and headed outside the restaurant.
"Momma where's Bear?" asked Marshall. Guess what? Marshall calls Dimitri 'Bear' now because he thinks Dimitri is as brave as a Bear. I don't know why, and I don't care.

"We'll see him next time, now let's go," I said. We exited the restaurant and I checked my watch. It was currently 2:52pm now and I looked around. I didn't know where to go until I saw a nearby juice booth and I decided to go there.
I held Marshall's hand tightly and made my way through the people walking past and arrived.
Thankfully, the people who worked there minded their own business and didn't ask any questions.

I ordered Marshall and I two Mango shakes and we sat down by the bench. I grabbed my phone and called us an Uber.
As I waited on the bench with Marshall I saw Dimitri step out of the restaurant and look around. Two of his men were with him and one spotted me.
H

e pointed to me and I immediately got up. I picked up Marshall and placed him by my hip.

Luckily my Uber arrived and I quickly got inside. "Where to?" asked the driver.
I gave him my address and we took off. I looked back and saw Dimitri and his men watching as the Uber drive away.

---

Marshall and I arrived home and I was relieved that I had escaped Dimitri.
I made sure to lock my front and back door before getting Marshall and I changed and heading downstairs to the living room.

For dinner Marshall and I ate pizza and watched TMNT. That night I didn't know why but I felt...strange. Not in a weird way but in a way that made me feel happy.
I was guessing that it might have been the sight of Marshall bonding with Dimitri that made me feel this way.

After tucking Marshall in bed I got to my room and closed my door. I went to my bathroom and took a shower and got changed into pajamas. As I exited my walk in closet a cloth was immediately placed over my mouth.
I tried to react but I didn't know how to.

I felt my body getting weak and my breathing getting lighter. Next thing...

Darkness took over.