14. Gone

I looked up at Marcus. More tears started falling out my eyes. "Marcus... where's Marshall?" I asked. My patience was running thin. I shaked his arm continuosly until I snapped. "MARCUS WHERE'S MY SON?!"

Marcus slowly held my hands and looked at me. "Hazel, Marshall is... he's...gone,"
That's when my heart stopped. I couldn't hear anything for a minute Everything started to blur. I felt like everything around me was moving.

A headache was already forming in my head. I couldn't even think straight. "Hazel please-" I pulled my hands back from Marcus and turned around. It's all his fault. I tried to calm myself down and a slowly did. I avoided Aunt Mariah's attempt to comfort me.

I slowly let out a breath before I went up to Dimitri's room. As I did was thinking of everything I've done. What did I do to deserve this. Once I reached his door I didn't even knock, I barged inside and found him sitting on the bed with his now no longer bloodied hands in his hair.

I banged the door shut and caught his attention.

"Where's my son Dimitri,"

Dimitri looked at me before proceeding to look back down at the ground. Piece of- I walked up to him then grabbed his hair pulling him up and gave him a tight slap to the cheek.
I immediately let go after realising what I had done. He deserved it.

I was trying to push away the voice in my head that was influencing me to act in such a way.
Dimitri slowly looked at me with bloodshot eyes. He's eyes were puffy and looked like he was crying. "Your son?" Dimitri gave out a low chuckle.
"I think you mean my son Hazel,"

Dimitri grabbed my hand tightly and pulled me closer to him. "Just because of your STUPIDITY this wouldn't have all happened?!" shouted Dimitri.
Even with his roaring voice I still remained still. "If you had just told me I had a son earlier this wouldn't have hap-" "HAPPENED?! HUH?! I WAS PROTECTING HIM FROM YOU BECAUSE I KNEW THIS WAS GOING TO HAPPEN!" I shouted. Dimitri looked at me. He pushed me forcefully away and my body collapsed with the wall.

"I want you gone," he said. I looked at him as I slowly held my neck. Dimitri walked up to a bedside table and took out a gun from inside.
He threw it onto the bed before looking at me. "I want you OUT of my city and OUT of my country!" he shouted. He really is a mad man. "Or otherwise-" Dimitri pointed at the gun. "This gun- It will be the last thing you see before you die," said Dimitri calmly yet deadly.

I slowly walked up to Dimitri. I was inches away from his face and looked him straight dead in the eye.

"Fuck you,"

---

I was pushed out of the car before it sped away. I slowly got up and clutched my tote bag. It consisted of a couple of clothes and my gadgets. Marcus had found them and was kind them to me saying it was the only thing he could do to apologize.

I remember attempting to attack him but was kept back by Dimitri's stupid men. I slowly walked up to my front door. I felt an aching lump in my throat. That feeling of sadness swept over me once again. Marshall. I moved the welcome carpet and found my spare key. I picked it up and unlocked the door.

I have to be strong. I slowly got inside and closed the door before leaning onto the wall. I closed my eyes and slowly I...I let it all out. I didn't even stop myself this time. I had lost everything. Not saying my house and job but...my Marshall. He was my everything, and still is. I cupped my face before I felt a hand on my arm.

"Hazel?"

I opened my eyes and saw Chloe. She had a welcoming smile and also looked confused. Her hair was also dyed pink this time. "Hazel, why are you crying?" asked Chloe. I didn't even say anything before pulling her closely and crying into her chest. "Hey, hey, don't cry," said Chloe. Her voice was comforting. Just like Mama's. Chloe slowly rubbed my back and held me close. "Whatever is it, it's going to be alright," said Chloe.

I pulled back and looked at her. "How is it going to be alright when-"

"Momma?"