24. Unwanted Guest

I stepped into my office and was greeted with an unwanted guest. I sighed and closed my door. "You should really work on your security," muttered Dimitri . "I did, and they told me that you were coming. So I told them to let you in," I said. "I didn't want to pay for any damages to the property," I added the last part. I walked over to my desk and placed the file that I was holding down. "What can I do for you today Dimitri?" I asked. Dimitri stood up from my chair and banged his fists on my desk. My expensive desk, by the way I must say was imported from Morroco.
"I want my fucking wife and son back Ivan!" growled Dimitri. "I know. And you will get them back as soon ad you get your ass to rehab," I said.

"I already told you. I went and I'm out," sneered Dimitri. "Within 3 months. Be fucking for real Dimitri. You need help- and alot of it!" I argued. "Well give me my wife and son back and I'll do whatever you want me to!" shouted Dimitri. I sighed and looked down at my watch. 10:00am. I need a coffee. "Dimitri, I'm busy right no and I don't want to deal with your ass right now. So do me a favor and get the hell out," I muttered.
I watched as Dimitri straightened his posture and fixed his collar. "This isn't-" "Sir,"

I moved my eyes to the door and saw my assistant, Carlos. I need to teach him to knock. Carlos didn't even say anything before someone pushed past him. A little someone. "Uncle Ivan!" shouted Marshall. He was about to run towards me when he stopped in his tracks and saw Dimitri. His eyes grew wider. "Bear!" Marshall ran towards Dimitri and hugged his leg. Dimitri was stiff for a moment before kneeling down and picking up Marshall. I felt my blood boil. Not because of Dimitri. Because, how the heck did Marshall get into my building. How did he even manage to get here? My house was a good hour away from her and- "Ivan,"
My eyes went back to the door and there she was. Hazel. She was wearing a beige two piece sweater and sweatpants. Which were paired of with a pair of white tennis shoes. Her hair was done in a bun and I must say, she looked stunning. She was also carrying a brown bag in one of her hands. Hazel took a step inside and stopped when she spotted Dimitri. Her and Dimitri locked eyes. I signaled for Carlos to close the door and he did. I got up from my chair and watched. I watched as the two studied each other. I watched as to how Marshall played with Dimitri's red tie. I now only realized that today Dimitri was nicely groomed and cleaned. What a joke! Not so long ago he was a mess. He smelt of alcohol all the time, came to business meetings high and slept around with many women. What an excuse of a man and a father. I felt ashamed to call Dimitri my oldest friend. Well me ex-oldest friend. We go back I must admit. But sometimes you've got be careful of the friends you choose. Cause some can be greedy. Very greedy.
"Momma look, it's Bear!" smiled Marshall. Hazel nodded. Marshall's eyes scanned all of us. As if he was wondering why none of us was saying anything.

Marshall looked at Dimitri and slowly began to wriggle himself out of Dimitri's grips. But he wasn't letting go. "Dimitri," called Hazel.

- - - -

I watched as Marshall tried to get out of Dimitri's arms, but he wasn't budging. I wasn't about to let him take Marshall away again. "Dimitri," I said. His eyes snapped to me. Marshall started whining. This time tears started forming in his eyes. I slowly put the bag of food down and walked over to Dimitri. I reached my arms out to take Marshall away but Dimitri took a step back. "Don't you fucking dare Hazel!" growled Dimitri. I was about to say something when Ivan intervined. "I'm sure Marshall wants to be put down Dimitri," said Ivan. This time he reached for Marshall and took him out of his grips. I watched the whole time. Dimitri's eyes held something I've never thought they could hold before. Fear.

"Here we go," smiled Ivan as he put Marshall down. Marshall quickly ran behind my legs and started picking at his nails. I knelt down and gently pulled them apart. It was a new thing he does now. He does it when his anxious, nervous or even scared. Once he picked at his fingers so hard he started bleeding. I tried to take my attention away from Dimitri's staring eyes when Ivan spoke up. "Well Dimitri, it was nice having you here. I'm sure you'll have a safe trip home," laughed Ivan. How could his mood switch up so quickly. "Now, I'm sure you know where the door is?" asked Ivan. Dimitri ignored him and kept staring at me. I watched as his eyes slowly grow dark and angry. He then raised his hand to grab me when Ivan gripped quickly onto his arm. "I don't think you heard me the first time," gritted Ivan.

"I'm sure you know where the door is,"