|| poisoned air ||

~

~

((A/N : it's time. Also this may drift off from the original storyline because I want to keep the drama causing trouble in my two demon babies' lives 😜))

Douma POV:

I wondered just how strong that hashira must be for him to appoint me, eh- at least it won't be boring. I shrugged my thought off, putting hands behind my back as I made my way towards a wooden pavilion. I readied my fans, not really wanting to take a risk of getting my head chopped off, even though I knew that it probably wouldn't kill me that easily.

My thinking got interrupted as a blade was thrown at me, I quickly evaded it but glared in the most that suddenly formed in front of me. Was it even a mist? It seems I got the answer because it certainly wasn't, it was powdered wisteria, which was used like some kind of a gas bomb. I put hand over my mouth as veins popped out on my face, the flower burned my eyes so much I wanted to cry.

"You won't go any further, you vile being" a feminine voice said from the direction the blade came. Out of the flower must came a young girl with long black hair, two pink butterfly hairpins holding her her. She had unique purple eyes and wore a flower patterned kimono. In her right hand she held her katana, also kind of flower themed. "Let me guess, you are the flower hashira~ I just got a task from my boss to get rid of you, nothing personal sweetheart"

I opened my fans and in a blink of an eye, I was in front of the flower hashira, I swung one of my golden fans, but she evaded it successfully. Quite skilled, I thought.

Third person POV:

He rarely encountered a human who could deflect his attacks, maybe because he was a demon, a being of enhanced senses. What he didn't understand was how the girl wasn't in front of him anymore, but behind him. Just enough for him to see the incoming attack. Sliding to the left, hashira's katana grazed his right arm, making him frown a bit. It has been some time since he last saw an injury on himself, caused by a human.

"It's time I get serious I suppose~" , with a flap of his fans, ice emerged from the floor, tearing it down in the process. The girl jumped in the air making that critical mistake rainbow eyed demon waited for: ice spikes shot out of his arms and impaled girl's stomach. She managed to land on her feet, but that was about it. Blood soon stained her pretty flower patterned kimono as she supported herself on her sword.

"This isn't over" she grunted as she made a few steps towards the demon, he himself saw her struggled, but he couldn't care less. "But it seems very over, little flower", with a quick shiiiik girl's limp body fell on the ground, drowning itself in its own blood. Douma wanted to eat her of course but a sudden burst of pain stopped him. During his fight with the flower hashira, he completely forgot about the wisteria powder, which was still flying all over the place.

Although he was a powerful demon, wisteria was no laughing matter. He called out for Nakime as he grippes his throat, tears welling up in the corners of his eyes. When he finally came to the flower fortress, his grip on his throat was hard enough for his nails to pierce trough it. He collapsed on the floor and started coughing without any means to stop.

Soon, a very concerned pink haired demon appeared on his side, lifting his something-more-than-a-friend up, "What's the matter? H-hey talk to me!" Douma opened his mouth but closed them again, like a fish out of water. Finally he half-whispered "Can't... breathe-" Akaza didn't know what to do, he picked up the blonde demon and ran with him towards his master's working office, where he currently was.

He knocked hastily on the door, waiting for a calm "Come in". Akaza laid Douma on the floor and came in the working office, bowing in front of his master. "Muzan-sama, I beg of you, could you save Douma? He seems to have problems... ", he looked at the floor and soon realized his vision was becoming blurry. "I-is it possible to save him?", he sniffled then wiped the tears that filled his eyes.

Muzan, who was now in his child form, put down a book on his small coffee table and stood up from his chair. " Akaza, Douma is Upper Moon 2, his rank isn't that high for no reason. He will be fine, now go out, you are being a disturbance right now." He waved his hand, that being a cue for Akaza to leave out of his master's sight. He quickly turned to the blonde demon, who was very calm now. Akaza leaned closer to him face only to hear him mumble something.

"W-what did you say?" He mentally slapped himself for stuttering, but he couldn't control it right now, he leaned even closer to other demon's face to hear him repeat: "Maybe I will feel better... If you give me a kiss-" Akaza noticed it just now, but Douma seemed to have no problem breathing. He punched him in the gut, making his eyes shoot open. "Guah-! Was that really necessary?!" Douma put hands over his stomach, pouting at Akaza's violent behavior.

"You deserved it, you ass. playing with my feelings like they mean nothing to you! Y-you really scared me back there, don't do it ever again! Never!" Akaza could feel his eyes getting wet again, his face was heating up. Douma, without waiting a single moment, hugged him. "I am sorry... It won't happen again. I promise. I will be more careful."

The two stayed like that for some time.

-

To be continued

Words: 1002

- I wonder just how long it will take for next chapter to be updated :')