|| 2gether again ||

.

Akaza's grip on Douma's hand tightened as he led him back trough the dark forest. The moonlight was bright and showed features of both of their faces. Douma, still bewildered and under the influence of the past traumatic events kept walking next to the pink haired demon, but kept his head low. It was all too much for him and it was all to fast-paced. His head was hurting from all of it and he just wanted to forget it all. Akaza noticed his troubled expression and cursed to himself. If only had he arrived earlier, if only he had found him before... before everything. Both demons had many thoughts and wanted to say them out loud, but didn't find the courage to do so.

"Douma? Are you alright?", Akaza finally asked after a long, silent walk. Neither of them wanted to rush, they knew exactly what is waiting for them back at the fortress, scolding and possible punishments. Maybe they wouldn't be allowed to ever communicate again, or worse, they both might as well be deemed as unpractical and be killed off. It all depends on Muzan's decision. Douma pursed his lips and just kept his head low, not meeting Akaza's eyes. Akaza's heart sank to his stomach, "Douma, what's wrong now-?"

"Oh?!", Douma met his eyes and Akaza could see he was on brink of crying. "Well, hmm, let's see.. EVERYTHING?!", Douma shouted, startling Akaza in the process. Maybe it was because he was a demon, but Akaza couldn't really understand emotions all too well, he was older than Douma and all the years seem to make him dull. This, however, didn't apply to his desire and love towards Douma, just the understanding of atmosphere. Douma on the other hand, having experienced what he had experience, had all his senses and thus emotions, amplified. It kind of resembled emotions of a normal human being in distress. This overflow of unknown feelings made him, for the first time, snap.

"I don't understand, just minutes ago you said you were fine-", "WELL MAYBE I WAS LYING?", Douma shouted, the hand that wasn't in Akaza's trembled slightly and he held tightly onto his cloth, trying to calm it down. "Why would you lie about that?", Akaza saw his movements but didn't interfere, his instincts were telling him to back off. He tries to calm the situation down, it goes the opposite way. "Man-", Douma sighed, "you have nooo idea how long I have been lying about how I feel oh no. I faked it THIS ENTIRE TIME HA. HA!", he slipped his hand our of Akaza's and covered half of his face with it, on which cold sweat had already formed. Akaza stopped walking, wait, were things you said to me before... "Why would you do such thing.?", he said after a while.

"Beacuse I CAN'T FEEL! I NEVER DID! NOT LIKE YOU! I- I was always... a freak.", tears started rolling down Douma's face as he frantically tried to wipe them off but with no avail. "You at least had the privilege as a human, when you were one, you dotn remember though, to feel. Well, let me tell you, I didn't. I wasn't blessed with that and still was worshipped like a god! Hah! The irony, hah!", he turned his back on Akaza. Nobody would understand, nobody! While he did that, something was breaking inside of Akaza, his heart he guessed. It ached. He had so many questions and yet couldn't ask a single one. "I didn't have the will to live anymore and so! I became a demon, a menace to the society, an abomination! Something I have been from the very beginning!"

"You... wanted this? Unconditionally? Why-", Akaza couldn't continue as he was cut off by Douma. "Ohh your questions are so so stupid! Gosh, I- first you question me why I lied about being fine? Maybe because I CARE FOR YOU? That thought ever occured to you, that maybe, just maybeee, I didn't want to bother you with MY problems but WAIT FOR THE SHOCKER! YOU KNEW ALREADY, and still had the guts to ask me?? Shithead, I have been trough hell up until the moment you arrived... but you knew that, oh knew but don't understand, oh you poor soul you don't understand do you...", Douma whispered to himself now, realizing from the very beginning, Akaza too, as a demon, didn't feel anything. But did that mean that... their love??

Akaza was quicker to ask the question

"Douma... then, were the moments we shared together... also-"

"Fake? I...", Douma couldn't answer it. He was still in the middle of finding the answer when he heard a sob echo trough the forest. He turned around immediately and saw Akaza holding his face in his hands, "It was fake too..?", Akaza whispered between the sobs that grew louder, his heart couldn't handle it anymore, despite not knowing any other feeling outside from love and anger. Might as well say that it discovered a new one, sadness. Pure sadness. It made Douma stop himself from saying anything and, unconsciously, he strode towards Akaza and embraced the shorter demon. His thoughts slowed down together with his rapidly beating heart. He stroked his fingers through Akaza's pink hair, trying to calm the sobbing demon. The sobs were muffled by Douma's chest but he could feel how strong they were just by feeling the trembles they sent through Akaza's body.

"I never said that... I had to think for a long time to come up with a sentence that would perfectly explain the neverending warmth you brought in my life, just from interacting with me. Just like I said before, Akaza-", the way he pronounced the addressed demon's name made Akaza's sobs almost instantly quiet down and the shorter demon's looked up from Douma's chest, meeting the taller demon's face. "-it's true that I have been struggling to understand emotions, I found them useless up until now. But when you appeared... It was as if a ray of hope shone upon me. The ray of hope that would bring a new meaning to my pointless life. And it did, it reenacted something that never existed inside of me before, a feeling. This, warm, fuzzy feeling that is described as love. It was as if I was woken up from the dream or more likely a nightmare I never knew I even dreamt. It.. changed me.", Douma's finger traced Akaza's dark blue lines on his face, wiping off some of the tears in the process. "You, Akaza, taught me how to love, and yes, yes Akaza. I do, as a matter of fact love you."

Akaza's glossy eyes reflected the moon, but aside from it's light there was another one that shone within his soul. It was happiness. He was glad, he was so glad he started crying again a burying himself deep inside Douma's chest. Douma lifted his chin up, "Why... why are you crying now? Are you not satisfied with my answer?" Akaza just stared into Douma's eyes, the eyes he could stare into for hours and not get bored, engraving every new color he found in them into his memory. The colors in Douma's eyes were the same ones as before, but were so different as well. They felt warmer, so much livelier than before.

Akaza reached for Douma's face with his arms and cupped it inside of his palms, his thumbs gently tracing the skin just below his eyes. "I am not crying because I am sad, Douma. I am crying because I am happy.", his hands reached for the back of Douma's neck and pulled his head lower, just enough so Akaza's lips would touch the other ones'. After a few moments their lips parted, and Akaza opened his mouth again.

"And I love you too, aS a MaTtEr oF FacT."

-

The end  

(Might write some smut extra when I feel horny enough)