|| Not the same ||

~

~

Akaza shot up straight out of bed, cold sweat covering his face. What the actual fuck happened, he thought, grabbing his head with both of his hands. How could this happen- no... how DID this even happen? Lots of thoughts ran trough Akaza's mind at that moment so it took a while for him to notice something... quite unusual-

[ The evening birds dispersed in all directions when they were awoken by Akaza's high-pitched scream ]

"Akaza!", Douma stormed into the pink haired demon's room, his face showing clear signs of worry and concern. "Are you okay? Did you have another nightmare?", the taller demon asked. "W-why of all people are you here!? Get out! And again?! Since when did I have nightmares, do you watch me while I sleep, freak!", Akaza started pushing Douma out of his room with all force. He somehow managed to get the annoying nuisance out.

There was a quiet knock on the door of his room. Thinking it was somebody else Akaza opened the door again, and ah well what a surprise it was the same demon from earlier. "I just wanted to check if you were alright, no need to be so harsh...", Douma mumbled under his breath. Akaza felt a slight bit of regret, but didn't let his composure fall. "You need to get out, now. I am fine, but worrying all the time about me isn't going to change the past." And with that, Akaza escorted the speechless demon out of his quarters. During the time they weren't together, their personalities changed a whole lot since the earlier times. Akaza became even more ruthless in challenging demons and slayers alike and Douma continued eating as many women as he pleased. They were polar opposites. One didn't the actions of the other and the other way around.

Douma silently left Akaza's quarters. What did he do wrong, after all it was just his nature. His true self as a demon wanted to continue what he was doing ever day, hunting and eating food. The fact that his other half didn't accept him as he is stabbed him in the gut every time he thought of it. Luckily, as time passed, the pain became number, and so did feelings. Although he didn't tell this to anyone, since he was a kid has been lacking a loving touch of someone, anyone really. His parents? They loved him because he looked like an otherworldly being and became the face of their culture, which he later inherited. Cultists? He was a god to them, but other than that? Nothing. Lord Muzan? He keeps him only because of his potential and power and other 11 demon moons? It's only a matter of time they try to challenge him to take over his position as Number 2. Douma always needed to stay alert, be on good terms with everyone or tried to... it was just that when he met and befriended Akaza that his heart felt something. That feeling was warm and made him all fuzzy, he wanted to feel again.

All the good things need to end though and so did Douma's little world of happiness crumble before his eyes once Akaza departed on a mission he wouldn't come back for the next few years. Since then, Douma only felt boredom and emptiness, so he found his satisfaction in gorging on women that were brought to his cult. He started collecting eyeballs, hair, skulls, bones, just out of boredom. Heck, he made Gyoko a pot out of human bones once in an attempt to get a positive reaction, but turns out human bones were just too dirty for such a being like a demon to reside withing them...

So now, Douma just wandered the infinite chambers of Nakime's blood demon art his heart hollow just like the matrix of mitochondria (I am not sorry for this). A "Hello, Douma-san" made his soul almost exit his body, he didn't show it on the outside though. "Ah, Nakime. You look so cute today, I just want to hug you and-" Nakime places a hand in front of herself, stopping Douma's face from getting into hers. "I... just wanted to see if you are alright. This is blood demon art and I can see and hear everything that's happening within it. So let me ask you again, are you alright." Even though he couldn't see it, Douma could feel Nakime's eye carefully inspecting his every action. "Truly Nakime, I am flattered you care so much about me", he disappeared in the front and reappeared behind the biwa demon and gently patted her head. "Don't worry about this demon, I am sure you have much more interesting things to do..." Nakime was ready to yank Douma's hand away, but he already did so himself. She turned around and the demon she spoke to just now was nowhere to be seen. She couldn't feel him within the castle, he left.

Douma wandered the buzzling streets of a town he just arrived in. He didn't know the name of the town, but he didn't care. His primary goal was to find some food, maybe go for a smoke and take a walk before returning to the HQ afterwards. The street lights illuminated an orange-red hue on the stands and people who walked below them. Street vendors tried their best to sell their mostly low to middle quality products, negotiating with their costumers about the price. Young ladies surrounded the fine clothed gentlemen and would likely accompany them for tonight. That's why Douma too, would dressed up for this occasion. Well first, he would need to find a nice suit for himself.

Scanning the crowd, he picked out a man, probably drunk, grabbing onto the wall of a building, on the edge of the street, right before a turn that led to a dark alley. 'Perfect', Douma thought, as he confidently approached the man, grabbing him by the shoulder, "Excuse me sir, do you need help, I could escort you..., sir?" The fine suited man looked Douma up and down then scoffed, "-and what do the likes of you want to from me? Why not continue like everyone else? You sure want to rob me because I am rich right?! Yes, right a robber! Robber!"

The man was being histerical right now, spouting all kids of slurs at the rainbow-eyed demon. Douma was having none of it and forcefully dragged the man into the dark alleyway. "I really like your suit sir, I will borrow it for a while, thank you in advance", Douma said as he snapped the man's neck with a swift movement of his arms. He held up the body with one hand and undressed it with the other. Soon, Douma looked like a wealthy gentleman in a western styled suit.

Soon, all the ladies' attention would be on him and Douma would be having one of the better nights this month. 

To be continued

-
Yes it's 2023 haha...