Chapter 13

As I get off the floor with a groan, I turn to glare at Lakay who's looking around frantically

As I get off the floor with a groan, I turn to glare at Lakay who's looking around frantically. She lets out a deep breath before turning to look at me.

"What's your problem? It's not like I was the one who threw you off the bed at," I say looking towards the clock, " 6 in the morning."

"It doesn't even matter, I have to go," she says in a hurry.

"Go where Lakay? I hope you don't think you're going back to that place you called 'home'." I replied bitterly. She's looking around the room for her clothes from yesterday, she snatches them up and slams the door.

"I think I went too far this time," I sigh.

Lakay just doesn't get how much I care for her even though it's been a short amount of time. I think it has something to do with the fact that we have so much in common, she may not know my past but I refuse to let her get hurt again. Even if it means I have to tie her to my bed and make her understand. I've never felt this way about someone before, so I don't know where my head is.

I hear the shower turn on and I go through my drawers to find a new change of clothes. I decided to go with my usual t-shirt and jeans with my cut.

After a short period, I hear the shower turn off from where I'm sitting on my bed. I hear my bathroom cabinets open and close frantically, guessing she's either looking for a toothbrush or lotion, then nothing. I grew suspicious after a long time of not hearing any movement from Lakay in the bathroom. I slowly stood making my way to the door worried something went wrong, it's been 10 minutes since Lakay got out of the shower. I press my ear against the door to try to hear any sudden movements, I don't hear anything so I pound my fist against the door.

"Lakay what the hell are you doing that's taking so long?" I yell.

I hear Lakay whisper-shout, "shit!" and I begin to get even more worried thinking she might've hurt herself.

I try to turn the knob and notice that it's locked. I pound my fist even harder, yelling for her to open the door. I stop for a minute but nothing happens, so I begin to throw my shoulder against the door that wasn't working so I finally decide to kick the door down.

"Fuck it, I can replace the door it's getting old anyway but I can't replace Lakay," I admit, fearing she's harmed herself. 

The door finally goes down and I run into my bathroom, my eyes frantically looking for Lakay. She's not there.

"What the fuck?!" I yell and that's when I notice the bathroom window which leads to my fire escape is wide open. My jaw ticks and my fists clench as I exhale through my nose. I close my eyes to take a moment to gather myself.

As I open my eyes a feeling of amusement and determination courses through me. She still wants to play these games with me.

"Oh you've done it now kitten, you're going to regret running," I chuckle.