Chapter 16

This morning, I woke up to my room filled with gifts and a giant turquoise card that read:

Good morning kitten, by the time you read this I'll be out of the house taking care of business. I want to shower you with gifts to thank you for trusting me enough with your body. I don't regret what we did, but I do regret how we did it. So tonight I'll be making it up to you, in the tall gray box, there's a surprise that you might like ;)

-Love, Kenton

I get out of my disheveled bed and make my way over to the sparkly gray box with a large red bow that's sitting against my window, begging to be opened.

Carefully taking the bow off of the box, I lay it on the floor and open it to find the emerald green silk dress that I had my eyes on in the mall. It feels exactly how I thought it would, so I can only imagine how it would feel on my body. This dress was $6,000!

Nope, let me FaceTime this man, I can't accept this even if it is beautiful.

Taking my phone off of the charger, I unlock it and press Kenton's name in the call log, he answers after the third ring.

"I see you're finally up, did you open your gift's kitten?" he said nonchalantly.

"Yes, I opened one though and that would be the dress," I say while looking at the rest of the presents strewn across the room, "speaking of WHY IN THE HELL WOULD YOU BUY A DRESS THAT COST MORE THAN I'VE HAD IN MY ENTIRE LIFE?" I yell as he pulls the phone away from his face.

"I saw you looking at the dress in the mall, so I decided to buy it for you, is there a problem with that?" he asked smugly.

Ouuu just you wait until I get my hands on your ass it's over with.

Taking a deep breath to calm myself down, "yes, there actually is a problem, I have a problem with you spending $6000 on a dress when that money could have been used elsewhere like a charity."

"Lakay one thing I need you to do is stop talking to me like I'm a child, second I donate to plenty of charities and foundations, thirdly I will spare NO expense when it comes to you. If you loved the dress, which I know you do, you'll love the next gift. Open your room door, then after open the wrapped box nearest to your bed." He said with a smile.

Sitting the phone down I walk to my door and open it to find Cleo laying on a way too big dog bed. When he sees me he bounds into my legs, his little body going crazy.

"Cleo, how have you been boy?" he looks up at me with wide eyes.

There isn't a single thought behind those eyes, is there sweet boy?

I go to sit on the bed positioned right in front of the box with Cleo in my lap. I take the bow off of the top and sit it on the ground. Lifting the flaps open it reveals a full box full of things every dog could wish for from a wide array of treats to toys bigger than Cleo.