Chapter 2

While on my way to school I stop by to see a stray dog I've named Cleo, I've been sneaking food to him for the past two weeks

While on my way to school I stop by to see a stray dog I've named Cleo, I've been sneaking food to him for the past two weeks. Although it's only been a little over two weeks he loves me more than anyone has ever loved me.

Before I even made it over to the box he lives in he comes running towards me nearly knocking me over.

"Hey Cleo, how are you doing?"

He licked me two times and sometimes I wonder if he understands me or not. I pull out two cans of Vienna sausages that I snuck out of the house for him, and he quickly eats them. It's sad for me knowing that such a sweet dog doesn't have a home when he surely deserves one.

"Once I graduate it's just going to be you and me, Cleo I promise."

         I look at my old watch and notice that it's 7:26, it may be old but at least it gets the job done.

I quickly tell Cleo that I'll be back later to see him, he whines but returns to his little box. As I realize that I'm only a couple of blocks away from the school I take my time walking because my body hurts badly. I made it to the school parking lot a couple of minutes later, I quickly pull my hood over my head. As I'm walking towards the entrance I spot the popular group of kids standing by Katrina Redick's car.

I start walking faster because I don't want her to make a scene like she always does. But before I could even reach the entrance doors I hear

, "Hey whale, where do you think you're going?" she called out

All of the people around her start laughing, we all know that they only do it to fit in. I try to ignore her and start walking faster

"I know your fat ass heard me talking to you!"

Not paying her any attention I walk into the doors heading straight to my locker. As I make it to my locker I begin to take everything I need for my classes out and putting the rest of my things inside. As I go to close my locker I'm pushed to the ground by Katrina and her two hound dogs Ciara and Sarah. They tower over my 5'0 stature, what makes it even worse is the fact that my hood has now fallen down.

"Aww looks like the whale has already had her ass beat, should we beat you even more?" Katrina says sarcastically.

Ciara and Sarah grab my shoulders trying to hold me down while Katrina raises her hand to slap me

"Let go of me please," I say quietly.

"What did you say we can't hear you?" Ciara remarks.

       Before I could say anything the AP English teacher Mrs. Bloom walked in and saw them holding me down.

"Ms.Redick, Ms.Dodge, and Ms. Kenir let go of Ms. Wilson right this instant or all of you will be serving detention after school!"

They let go of me instantly but not before Katrina mumbled, "Her fat ass isn't worth it anyway."

When they finally walk off Mrs. Bloom helps me off of the floor and asks me if I'm alright. To which I quickly  nod before saying a quiet thank you and walk off.

I only had two minutes left until the bell rang and my first-period class was all the way in building 3 which is further across the campus. I start walking with my head down not paying attention to where I'm going until I suddenly walk into a wall. Thinking out loud I said

"Ow, since when has there been a wall here?"

I heard a deep chuckle I look up to see who it was and low and behold standing there is Kenton O'Neal the bad boy I've had a huge crush on since freshman year. I've never noticed how tall he was but almost everyone is taller than me but, not this tall! He has to be at least 6'3, he has a lot of muscle mass not in a bulky way. This isn't unusual as his dad is the president of a motorcycle club called the Red Skeleton MC.

       Most of the girls in school swoon over him I mean how could you not? The man is fine as fuck! He clears his throat and I snap out of whatever daydream I was in and realize that I have been staring at him,

" I'm so sorry," I say in a small voice

" You're fine kitten, are you okay?" he says

" I'm okay, I have to go," I say just as the bell rings but he grabs me by the arm and I wince, " not so fast little one are you sure that you're okay, and what happened here?" He said when he notices the bruise on my arm since my sleeve accidentally rolled up.

"Ummm nothing happened, I have to go to class," I whispered, and with that, he let me go but not without giving me an unsure look.

*this chapter has been edited*