Chapter 8

" I'm not like those other guys

" I'm not like those other guys."

I couldn't help but roll my eyes because he obviously thinks that I'm naive which I am not. I'm actually pretty far from it, I might get my hopes up every now and then but I'm never that.
" Says the one who has a new fling everyday, I'm not stupid Kenton and I most certainly am NOT white."
He opened his mouth to speak but words didn't come out so he closed it.
"Exactly what I thought now let me the fuck go Kenton I'm not going to keep playing these childish games with you I just want to go home." I rarely curse but I'm tired, I'm tired of being tired. I wish I would've died and not my mom. My life has been horrible ever since she died. There's no reason I should be here at this point, well except for the fact that Cleo might miss me.
"Matter of a fact can you take me somewhere please?" I asked in a small voice.

"Where do you want to go little one?"
"Can we go see Cleo? He's a little dog I've been taking care of for two weeks." I know if he takes me I can get away from him, I know those streets like the back of my hand.

" I know if he takes me I can get away from him, I know those streets like the back of my hand

I can tell that she's sad and I know I'm part of the reason why I'll ask her about it later. If I can make her happy by taking her to see the dog then so be it.
"Yeah little one we can go, want to stop and get him some food?"

"Can we please?" She's so gorgeous I'd never hurt her on purpose, she's mine and always will be mine she doesn't know it now. But she will soon.

"Let's go." As soon as that was said she skipped to my bike and God is she gonna give me a hard time.
"Where exactly is this dog little one?"

"He's near the old factory on Laramie,"
She must live near there and to tell the honest truth that area isn't the best.
I get on my bike first then she puts her little leg over the seat. I make sure she's holding on to me before I pull off.

We stop at the store first to grab some soft dog food and a bowl before we head over to the dog.
It takes us 10 minutes to get to Cleo. She quickly jumps off of the bike before I even get the chance to. Lakay starts walking towards a box in the alley and yells the dog's name. Next thing you know a black chihuahua comes running over and tries to stand to lick her face. She genuinely starts to smile and I can tell that she really loves this dog.

As soon as I called Cleo he came running over to me after how bad this day was going so far I needed his love

As soon as I called Cleo he came running over to me after how bad this day was going so far I needed his love. I know he has to be hungry so I don't wait another second to open the food we got him into the bowl. Once I got done doing that I gave it to him and I was right he is very hungry.
" He looks like he loves you," Kenton says as he walks up to me. I forgot he was here.
He bends down to pet Cleo
"Now's my chance to run"

I take off like my life depends on it, I know he isn't from over here so I go through the alley and turn down another alley. I keep running until I get to the main street, my house is literally 5 blocks from where I'm at and I need the exercise. I keep running. I look back a couple of times to make sure he's not behind me, I make it to my house really quick. I don't have keys because Terrence won't give me any which is a win-win because I just walk straight into the house. I'm out of breath but I already know that a beating is coming in 5..4..3..2..1.

"WHERE TF HAVE YOU BEEN?!"

"I..I had to stay behind to tutor someone." I backed up into the corner already knowing what's about to happen. He lifts his hand to hit me but before he was able to, the door opens and in walks Kenton.

"WHY ARE YOU.." Terrence begins but he doesn't get to finish his sentence.

*Kenton's POV*

When I bent down to pet the dog Lakay took off running, I knew she was going to do this.
Little did she know I know she lived close to here so I let her run because I know exactly where her destination is.
Once I got to her house I took one look at it and I know that I have to get her out ASAP.
I twist the doorknob and to my surprise, the door opens, who walks in the house and forgets to lock their doors?
As soon as I walk in I see my baby girl cowering in the corner as a dude about my height but a little shorter was about to hit her. All I see is red and I can't remember what happens after that it's all a blur. I feel someone try to pull me off of him, I turn to see that it's my baby girl and I quickly stop.
She's crying.
"Are you alright little one?" She nods quickly and looks at my hands.
She gestures for me to follow her without acknowledging the man passed out on the ground who must be her brother.
She leads me up to what I'm guessing is her room she walks to her dresser and opens up the door she takes out a first aid kit then walks back to me.
"Thank you, Kenton," she begins in a small voice.
"You don't need to thank me little one I'd do anything for you."
She then starts to clean my hands once she's done she goes to put the first aid kit back up.
"Pack your things I have to make a call really quick I'll be back."

*this chapter has been edited*