Tinder

Lauren lazily laid in bed, not wanting to get up and frankly, she didn't really have a reason to; it was her day off. She stared at the phone, scrolling through Instagram, getting bored, then clicking on Tinder. Tinder, never did she think she would be on a dating app, but it actually wasn't too bad. With college and her job, she had no time to meet girls; besides, she never actually met girls in person from Tinder, so far all she has had is a few entertaining conversations. She wasn't expecting anything more from it.

Hmm, nope. She thought to herself as she swiped left on a girl's picture. Ugh, no. She swiped left on a guy's picture, she hated that the app still showed her guys even if she had put it to only show girls. She proceeded to go a couple more times, only swiping right maybe two times on girls that were kinda her type. It was hard to tell off of just one picture, it was very superficial, but it didn't matter. It's been awhile since her last relationship, she's getting a little desperate; she's actually surprised she doesn't just swipe right for every girl that appeared on her screen.

She mindlessly swiped more lefts until she stopped in her tracks, her eyes widened as she mumbled, "Well, damn, hello." She gawked at the picture of the girl on the screen, she had a cute cheesy smile on her face, bright chocolate brown eyes, then Lauren's eyes traveled to her body, she had a short skirt on that revealed her long tan legs, with a crop top that showed her flat tummy; Lauren was looking at a perfect combination of cute and sexy, she was most definitely interested.

Instead of just right away swiping right, she took her time, not wanting to just swipe right and then she goes away forever. She pressed the info button, she chuckled at the bio, or rather lack of bio. All it said was 'Do you wanna build a snowman?' with a snowman emoji next to it, underneath that were two emojis, the two girls holding hands one next to a rainbow, Lauren supposed it was to indicate that she was gay. The bio successfully told her barely anything about her yet Lauren quite liked it, it was cute. She scrolled to see the other two pictures that the girl had, one was a selfie that only showed her waist up, the light shined perfectly on her causing her brown eyes to glisten, and the other one was just her giving a dog an eskimo kiss. "Camila," Lauren read her name out loud, hoping she pronounced it right; finally she tapped the heart icon to like her.

To her surprise, 'It's a match' popped up on the screen; she smiled and clicked on the chat option. She didn't usually right away start a chat with a match but this was one of those rare times where she felt compelled to because she was genuinely giddy to find out they matched. She paused to think of what to say, she didn't want to just say hi, how lame is that?

I wanna build a snowman- Lauren typed that but hesitated. For some reason she felt that was even more lame. She deleted it, maybe the basic approach was the safest one.

Hey :)

Too basic? Too uninteresting? Ugh, whatever, I don't need to jump into conversation right away, right? Lauren gave up and just pressed send. She put her phone down and finally got out to go get herself some breakfast, at three-thirty in the afternoon.

--

"Hey wifey, dinner ready?" Dinah asked as she walked in her and Camila's apartment.

Camila rolled her eyes as she shook her head, "Not for another hour, I just started cooking! I had class all day too you know."

"Well you don't have class and an annoying job after class," Dinah said as she now sat on the kitchen counter, "I'm going to have to divorce you soon."

Camila laughed and pretended to be sad, she pouted, "But you can't, what about our child?"

Dinah looked around on the floor, where was their child? Ah, there he is, chewing on something; it's never good when he's chewing on something. "Uhm, Mila, where's your phone?"