What Girlfriends Do

A/N: This was inspired by that post Lauren reblogged on tumblr about the little girl asking her mom what a lesbian is and saying she only liked boys because they were her only option; if you have no idea what I'm talking about just ignore this lmao, just thought I'd let you guys know though :P

Age 7

Little Camila looked up at her mom with her big brown eyes in awe of the information she was learning. Camila always loved learning, even at a young age; everything fascinated her, and she kept Sinu constantly on her toes with her need to question everything. Currently, they were at a birthday party, one of her cousins, who decided to have it at a swim school. Sinu called Camila over to fix her bathing suit when, of course, something caught Camila's eye.

Camila saw the front cover of the magazine she was reading, which had a picture of Ellen and Portia kissing, curious she had asked her mom why two girls were kissing.

"Well you know how some girls like boys? Some girls also like girls and some boys also like boys," Sinu explained which is what cause little Camila's eyes to brighten in getting this new information.

She then looked away, as if in thought, "Can I like girls, too?"

Sinu shrugged her shoulders, amused by her seven year old, she frankly didn't care for Camila's sexuality; she didn't even want her daughter to feel like she had to come out, she would never assume that she was straight in the first place. "Of course, but only if you feel that way."

Camila nodded her head excitedly, "There is this girl in my class named Lauren and she's really really pretty like prettier than Ariel."

Sinu's eyes were now the ones to widen, Ariel was Camila's favorite princess so obviously that was a rather big statement for the seven year old to make, "Prettier than Ariel?" Sinu asked skeptically.

Camila nodded, smiling with full teeth on display, bashfully swaying from side to side, she replied, "I want her to be my girlfriend."

Sinu chuckled, "Okay, but what about that boy you liked last week? Shawn?" She teased, obviously entertained in her daughter's apparent very active love life. It was clear Sinu might have to watch out for her when she's older.

Camila scrunched up her nose and shook her head, "I only said I liked him because I thought I didn't have anymore options but boys."

Sinu erupted in laughter, leaving Camila quite confused as to what was so funny, it was just the truth. Sinu then went on to tell Camila that she can definitely be Lauren's girlfriend, but only if Lauren also wanted to. This made Camila very excited, she couldn't wait to tell Lauren and see if she wanted to be her girlfriend too.

Monday at school

Lauren and Camila sat together like always and began to color the sheet that the teacher handed out. "Lolo?" Camila quietly called out while she colored the fur of her monkey pink.

Lauren instantly replied, "Yes, Camz?" Little Lauren had a much different approach to her monkey, she basically just took the black crayon and scribbled over it, not even coloring within the lines of the drawing.

"Wanna be my girlfriend?" Camila asked, looking up at her with a big smile.

Lauren shrugged her shoulders, "Sure."

Camila clapped happily, "Yay!" She shrieked as she hugged Lauren quickly, not wanting to be caught by the teacher. Her smile turned into a frown when she noticed Lauren's coloring, "Lolo! You can't even see your monkey! The whole paper is just black!"

Lauren smiled, "Yea, I like it that way it's cooler." Camila shook her head, she'll never understand the girl; they were pretty much opposites, Camila loved to dress up as if she was princess to school while Lauren was a tomboy, always in big shirts and capri-skater like pants, the fact that she was raised by a single father didn't really help the situation. Nevertheless, Camila liked Lauren, when other girls in the class were mean to her and wouldn't play with her, Lauren was always there to yell at them and/or play with her, even if she'd rather be playing pokemon or handball at recess rather than with Camila's Bratz dolls.