After Fright Fest

A/N: As promised, in honor of it being October 1st, here is the follow up one shot to "fright fest" that I, for whatever reason, never posted.

--

It had been a week, a week since Halloween, since Fright Fest, since she met Lauren, and she had lost hope that Lauren would ever text her. I should have gotten her number, dammit. Camila mentally cursed herself because she really wanted to talk to Lauren and the fact that she hasn't received a text from the green eyed beauty is killing her; hell she'd take a call too, even though no one even does that anymore and Camila finds talking on the phone to be the most awkward thing ever, anything if it was finally an effort Lauren made to contact her. She knows she shouldn't be this affected, this happens to lots of people right? They give their numbers to someone and that person never actually puts it to use; well, what was the damn point in giving it, then?

Camila sighed in frustration, she was suppose to be studying for her midterms but instead her mind was preoccupied with a girl she only had a few conversations with. What could she say? She can get infatuated with a girl very easily, especially if that girl looked like Lauren; in the lesbian world, her strong feelings were more than understandable because they should have been dating and ready to move in together by now. But in the normal world, apparently, Camila was suppose to just get over as if it was nothing.

Dinah stormed in the room, knocking isn't an option especially if you're her roommate, "Come on, lazy ass. We're going out to Applebees with Ally."

"It's Friday night, shouldn't she be out with Troy and you be getting ready to go to some club?" Camila asked, that was how their usual friday night went and she was perfectly okay with that. She enjoyed having a night just to herself, she can be such a boring homebody sometimes.

"Nah, Ally and I both agree you need to get out tonight. Even if it's just a restaurant. You've been acting like Little Miss Mopey for the last few days and it's honestly getting annoying." This was, in reality, Dinah's way of saying she was concerned at Camila's depression that only increased every day that went by with no message from Lauren.

Camila sighed then replied, "Alright, fine."

"Good, now get dress and it better be something other than sweatpants because, I don't know if you know this but even though we are broke as fuck, Mila, we can at least still look presentable," Dinah began to walk away before shouting behind her, "Remember, always dress as if you wanna get laid!"

Yeah, Ally was the good advice giver, your go to person for advice on anything from clothes to life in general; Dinah can be great advice giver, that is if your goal is to get raped, thrown in jail, or become a prostitute, if so then she is definitely your go to person. Camila lazily made her way to her tiny closet, scanning her clothes before settling for a T-shirt and jeans; she wasn't one to ever take Dinah's advice.

She made her way downstairs, Dinah scrunching up her nose at Camila's outfit before Ally quickly hurried them out the apartment, in a rush to get there because she was starving and her stomach was making new, loud noises she'd never even heard it make before.

--

"Are you stupid? Like seriously, I thought you were suppose to be smarter than me but I'm really doubting that cause you're being so stupid." Normani said to Lauren in annoyance, this was about the seven hundredth time she called her stupid in this week alone; a new record for her.

"I was going to text her, I just, I don't know. I didn't know what to say and I kept trying to think of like the perfect first thing to say and I would get nervous and my mind would go blank."

Norman stared back at her, clearly unamused as she responded, "You're such a dumbass. She doesn't have your number yet so all you have to do is say 'hey, it's Lauren'. That's literally all you have to say," she exaggeratingly emphasized the 'literally', talking to Lauren as if she really was, in fact, a dumbass.