The Christmas Store

A/N: Alright, first of all if this contains a lot of typos I'm so sorry, I didn't edit because I just wanted to quickly post it before I forget and then remember to do it when it's not even christmas anymore lol. Also, fun fact, I wrote half of this one shot (like it literally was left unfinished, mid-sentence) literally a whole year ago and I guess I knew I wasn't going to finish it for christmas and just forgot about it. But I made it my duty to finish it and hopefully despite all of this, it didn't come out too bad haha. Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays guys!

Lauren shook her head as her brother pulled her through the mall, "C'mon, Lala, we'll miss Santa!"

"He's not going anywhere, Trev, slow down," he pouted but still slowed down as he was told, Lauren was most likely the only person that could actually get the energetic six year old to immediately listen to them. They had formed a close bond with each other, ever since he was younger; their mother dying when Trevor was only one, Lauren felt extra responsible in helping her father raise him and the two were therefore inseparable.

They made their way to a well known christmas store in the mall, it usually also featured a Santa that the kids could go to; Lauren started to make it a tradition with her brother to take him there two weeks or so before Christmas, as it was actually a tradition she had with their mom when she was younger. They made their way into the store, both of their eyes widening at the Christmas wonderland that was basically on the inside. The walls were cutely made to look like a gingerbread house, as always, there were a variety of decorations as it was also a store after all, and finally Santa was sitting right in front of the tree towards the back of the store as a large line of kids anxiously awaited to tell him what they wanted for Christmas.

"It looks real pretty this year," Lauren commented as Trevor nodded his head, Lauren continued to look around at the workers dressed in elf costumes, well one particular worker caught her eye. Most of the workers looked familiar to her, but not this girl, she was sure that she would know if she had seen her before.

"Let's gooo," Trevor said while pulling at Lauren's arm but Lauren stood still as she continued to look at the girl, not even hearing him. Her eyes started to admired the worker's body, the way her wavy black hair fell on her tanned skin, the way the green dress suited her curvy physique, Lauren licked her lips, the way that right now Lauren thought she looked incredibly sexy yet still maintained an innocent, cutesy vibe. "LAUREN!" Trevor yelled, immediately getting her attention as he never even uses her full name.

"Oh right, sorry, bud. Let's get on line," Lauren turned to look at the girl one last time before walking to the line with her brother, surprised that when she looked back, the girl was already looking right at her. They made brief eye as the girl gave her a small smile, Lauren bashfully smiled back, feeling heat traveling to her cheeks.

Once on line, Lauren started to realize how silly her reaction to just a small smile was; she couldn't even imagine how she'd act if she were to talk to the girl at that moment, she got flustered over just her smile. Lauren tried to shake these thoughts away, all these feelings, they were too familiar. The first time she laid eyes on her last girlfriend, she had similar feelings, though she won't admit it, she gets infatuated very easily; after their breakup, she decided to put an indefinite hiatus on relationships. It's been close to a year now since the breakup and Lauren focused her energy solely on college and Trevor. She didn't think anything was wrong with that, though her friends made fun of her for basically lacking a normal college kid life.

"Do you think Daddy will have to work like he did for thanksgiving?" Trevor asked Lauren, pulling her out of her thoughts.

"He might have to on Christmas Eve, but definitely not on Christmas day," Trevor nodded but Lauren could tell part of him was still unconvinced; he didn't understand the difficult task their father had, working two jobs to support them, but he was just a kid after all, Lauren didn't blame him for his lack of understanding.