4

Brad

My ego was hurt.

My pride was bruised.

How could she have rejected me? How could anyone reject me?  Everyone practically wanted to be with me, they would give anything and everything to go out with me.

So how could she not want that?

I immediately started doubting my appearance, wondering what the hell I did wrong. On top of that, my two idiotic friends shared the same look on their faces as they stared at me. A look of despair.

"What the fuck man" Andre spoke first, "you really had to ruin everything"

"What did I do?" I asked confused.

"Really?" Alec said beside me. At that point, I didn't understand what they were both getting at.

"Would you go out with me?" Alec mimicked me, both my tone of voice and facial expression then glared at me, "really?"

"Okay don't talk to me like that, I'm still your alpha" I reminded him.

"Sorry man but you just met the girl, that was a totally wrong move" Alec said.

"But she's my mate" I argued

"And she's human" Andre chimed in, "who has no idea your kind exists. I doubt she even knows what a mate is"

"So what do you suggest I do, chase after her?" The word sounded sour coming out of my mouth.

"Exactly" Andre nodded.

"I don't chase after girls, they chase after me" I said sternly.

"Then I guess you don't want to get her to be yours" he said so casually and took a spoonful of food in his mouth, knowing fully well his words had annoyed me.
I was actually beginning to get slightly pissed by this conversation.

I leaned closer to him and said "I will get her and she will be mine" I almost growled.

"That's the spirit" He then smiled at me.

"I still don't approve of this" Alec's annoying voice sounded beside me.

"Nobody gives a shit about your approval" if he wasn't my friend and wasn't already used to how I talked he would have flinched at the sound of that.

"Hey guys" a tiny female voice interrupted us. It was Ashley and Gia. They dropped their tray on the table and sat just opposite us. I internally groaned at their presence. Not that I despised them but seeming that they would start behaving all lovey dovey in less than minutes and rubbing it in my face was what always pissed me off.

I turned around and searched the cafeteria for Layla but she was nowhere in sight. I could just sniff her out and find her but maybe they were right, she was human and I should try to take things slow even if it was going to be one hell of a journey.

Fuck that!

I stood up and started walking away. I needed to go find her.