9

Brad

I paced back and forth in my room. I was angry, worried, frightened even. I had never felt so worried in my entire life.

Who was that wolf?

Why did he attack her?

It drove me insane to not know who the person behind the wolf form was, especially because whoever he was, he was also an alpha.

"You need to calm down" Andre told me but ofcourse I couldn't calm down. My mate was in danger, and worse, she is fucking human.

Powerless.

I was supposed to protect her always. What if I hadn't gone there, what would have happened? Goddammit! Why does she have to be so stubborn. Why wouldn't she just agree to be mine. I wasn't one to wait but here I was, waiting and being patient for her to fall in love with me, yet I didn't see that happening. I didn't know if I could wait any longer.

"We would search everywhere and find this werewolf, I promise" Andre tried to assure me.

"But who would want to hurt her? And why?" I still couldn't wrap my head around it.

"Could it be Tyler?" Both Andre and I snapped our heads to Alec. "He did say he was going to get his revenge on you" Alec shrugged.

"No" I shook my head, "Tyler is no alpha and there is no way he would find us here, at least not now" I said, silently trying to convince myself.
"But whoever it was, once I find him, I will tear him to shreds" I said in anger.

I continued pacing about again, trying to think of a way to protect Layla and then, the idea hit me. I paused and looked at both of them.

"I have to turn her" at my outburst, both of them stared at me like I had just grown two heads.

"You cannot be serious" Andre said in disbelief.

"Ofcourse he's not serious" Alec said to Andre but then when he saw I was indeed serious, his lips  parted.
"Dude! You cannot be serious" he repeated Andre's words.

"Do you realise how dangerous that is, we literally had to move across the country just to remain extinct and start a new life here. You want to jeopardize that because of some... "

"I would not finish that sentence if I were you" I warned Alec and he shut up immediately.

"He's right though" Andre chimed in, "it is way to risky. If our identities are exposed, it will bring chaos to this city. Forget the city, it will bring chaos to us. Remember what happened the last time" Andre finished and my mind traveled back to the past for a brief minute, after which I saw reasons to their disagreement.

The last time our identities were exposed and people knew that werewolves existed, it was horrible. Lives were lost. The humans became a threat to us because they saw us as a bigger threat.
They were right, I couldn't let that happen again.

I sighed, running my hand through my hair.

"What am I going to do then? I asked, truly confused.

"Just keep on trying to get her to fall for you" Andre suggested.

"Easy for you to say" I said

"It is easy man, you are cute, rich, popular.. "

"She doesnt seem to fancy any of that" I found it rather weird, "hell, she told me to stay away from her" I still couldn't believe it.

"Then try harder" Andre urged.

"Or better still, look for another mate" Alec murmured, knowing fully well we could still hear him. The moment I turned to look at him, he raised his hands in surrender.