25

Brad

"That was a pretty dick move Brad" Ashley scolded After Layla rushed out of the house. I knew she was hurt but for a second, I felt good knowing she was bothered by another girl taking her place.

  I had felt pretty miserable without being able to talk to Layla. Although I was deeply hurt by her rejection, I wanted to respect her decision despite it being hard.

When I arrived home, I never expected to see Kate. I had already scolded her for her unannounced visit just before Layla and the girls walked in.

Kate was a member of the pack who happened to be schooling abroad. She was also my fuck buddy.

Was.

I used to hook up with Kate all the time, especially when I felt lonely the most. She was more of a distraction for me.

After I found Layla, I totally forgot about her. Literally, because I forgot to inform her that we wouldn't be hooking up anymore. Our deal was over the moment I found my mate, but she didn't know that because I never got to tell her.

Again, I was just about to tell Kate about Layla before she showed up.

"she's gone" Gia returned, slightly frustrated. She gave me a look of disappointment as well, both of them not understanding the situation. And I didn't think I had the strength to start explaining myself.

"Brad" Kate called beside me, her hand still on my shoulder. I grabbed her hand, taking it off me.

Maybe that was a dick move after all. The guilt started to hit me slowly.

I shouldn't have let her go. I should have stopped her and explained everything to her.

But then again, she was the one who asked me to let her go.

Dammit! Why wouldn't she just be straight with me.

"She is my mate" I turned my head to Kate as I spoke. Her lips parted in shock.

"I thought...I thought I was going to be your Luna"

What?

"Fuck no" I answered. "Layla is my mate and she will be the luna" I informed her. She stared at me with parted lips for about minute then suddenly blinked before stomping away angrily. I didn't even give a fuck if she was angry or not. The only thing I could think of was how to get Layla back.

Well I didn't really have her before, but  atleast the previous situation was better than this.

"Why did you have to wait until now to tell her" Ashley said, this time, in a less scolding manner.

"It just fucking escaped my mind" I said.

"Well now you have to explain that to Layla" Gia said. "I think she's finally falling for you"

That made me feel ten times worse, knowing that she probably thinks the worst if me right now. I sighed, rakingy hands through my hair.

Suddenly, I felt a weird pull in my heart. It was followed by a sick feeling in my gut. I had never felt anything like it before and that only meant it was important.