10

Brad

My father tucked me in bed before sitting down next to me. He caressed my hair, ruffling it a little. He then turned on my bedside lamp and was about to get up but I stopped him.

"Dad" my ten year old voice was like that of a girl.

"Yes champ" he turned back to me.

"Would I be like you one day?" I was curious.

"Yes Brad. One day, when I'm old and when its my time to leave this earth, you will have to step up and be the alpha of the moonlight pack"

"But I don't want that to ever happen, I don't know how to be an alpha" I whined.

He chuckled at my insignificant complain, "when that time comes, trust me you will know" he tried to convince me even though I wasn't having it.

"Remember, no matter what happens, being the alpha is your right. Dont let anyone try to take that away from you, and if they do, do anything possible to take it back" I nodded a little frightened at his specificity.

"Now go to sleep" he then urged, "goodnight champ"

"Goodnight dad" I said. He got up,  turned off the light and closed the door behind him.

After what felt like only minutes of sleep, I jerked up wide awake with a strong sense of uneasiness. I got out of my bed and opened my room door.

"Dad?" I called, heading for his room which I found empty.

"Dad?" I called again, climbing down the stairs. I checked the living room, kitchen, and every hidden corner around the house but he was nowhere to be found. Worry slowly crept up my spine and settled in my chest.

"Dad" I yelled this time, feeling the anxiety grow deep inside of me. I pushed open the front door and looked around the surroundings, still no sign of him. I decided to start listening and try to sniff Him out like he taught me, that was when I heard his groan.

Alarmed, I ran towards the woods that was almost right in front of our house. I couldn't shift yet but I ran as fast as my little legs could carry me until I got into the woods. I had no idea what I was expecting to see but I never expected to see my father being stabbed to death.

"Dad" my voice echoed in the woods as I screamed and rushed to my fathers dead body on the ground.
"No! Please don't leave me" I cried and begged him, shaking his lifeless body.

"I'm sorry Brad, he's gone" my father's killer said and I looked up at him with pure rage.
"And I am the new alpha" Tyler's father said before his eyes turned red.

"Brad" I blinked quickly as Andre snapped his fingers in my face. I didn't realise how deep I was lost in memory lane.

"What could you possibly be thinking about?" Andre asked, taking a seat next to me in the library. School had ended for the day and I was waiting to see if that prick will try to get to Layla again.

"How to kill that fucker" I answered.

"No, you are thinking the wrong thing" Andre said and I looked at him, "you should be thinking of how to get Layla to fall in love with you"

"Oh for fucks sake! Stop making it sound so easy" I exclaimed, "why do I have to go through all of this? You  didn't, Alec didn't" I told him.
"You  practically just met her and said mate then boom! You guys started fucking"