32

Layla

I couldn't sleep.

I also couldn't stop myself from crying.

Brad had tried everything possible to calm me and put me to sleep but I couldn't. The memory of what I did tormented me.

Her screams echoed in my head.

Her face was planted in my vision.

Her blood on me was alot more torture that I could imagine.

I couldn't believe I killed someone,  Someone I knew. Not that we were close or anything but the fact that I knew her and she went to my school. Everything was tormenting.

Minus the guilt I felt, I was at risk of getting into big trouble.

While I stayed on bed, crying and mourning, Brad was pacing back and forth, seemingly lost in thought. I couldn't bring myself to say anything to him, I hadn't uttered a word since he carried me up to his room.

After a moment, he paused and noticed me staring at him so he came over to me and sat. He held me in his arms and caressed my hair.

"I'm sorry I left you" he said to me and shook my head.

"It wasn't your fault, its my fault" I said,  "I couldn't control my wolf"

"Shhhh" he hushed, "it will all be okay"

"No it won't" I countered. I know he was trying to make me feel better again but that was a lie. Nothing will be okay.
"I am a murderer" I said.

"Layla" he held my face to look at him, "you are not a murderer" he said, looking straight into my eyes.
"You are everything but that and what you did was not you, it was beyond your control so do not blame yourself for it" nothing he said was making me feel better, instead it was making me cry even more.

"I know this isn't easy for you but... " he trailed off and I knew he couldn't find any more words. He put my head back on his chest and rubbed my back soothingly.

"Just don't be too hard on yourself" he then said. with his continuous caresses, I didn't remember when I fell asleep.

When I opened my eyes, the room was empty. I got up from the bed and listened for sounds. I heard voices coming from downstairs so I quickly made my way to them.

I saw the whole pack gathered in the living room and it made me feel immediately uneasy.

"Layla, you're awake" Ashley notices me first.

"What's going on?" I asked. Ashley looked at Gia, as did she. They only did that when something was wrong and to big to tell.

I looked to Brad for answers but he seemed like a huge weight had befallen him. I then looked to Alec and Andre when the silence became unbearable.

"Can someone tell me what's going on?" I repeated.

"Hayley is alive, she's just in ICU" Alec finally answered me and I felt relief wash over me.

"Really?" I was so happy to hear it but no one else looked happy about it, "that's good news right" I looked to Brad again but he didn't seem like he was ready to utter a word. He had his head bowed down, thinking deeply.

"Well yes but... " Ashley started and I turned to her. "She told the police everything"

"The police isn't the problem, now that there's a hunter in town, he will surely come for us once he hears of this" Gia added.