6

Layla

During lunch period, I held my food tray in hand and walked through all the tables filled with students, ignoring the stares.

I found Ashley and Gia alone on a table. Opposite them was Brad, Andre and Alec. Brad was already staring at me. Still contemplating whether to join the girls or not, Ashley looked up and saw me, immediately waving at me.

So I decided to join them. I mean why not.

"Hey" Ashley said the moment I approached the table, "I'm glad you agreed to join us"

"It was a generous offer" I repeated my earlier words with a small smile on my face. Then I turned my head slightly and noticed brad was still staring at me.

Good lord.

"Soooo..." Gia started, "what school did you transfer from?" She asked.

"Swisslake high" I simply answered.

"Oh I've never heard of it" she shared a look with Ashley before turning back to me. "Why did you transfer?"

"My dad got a job here"

"Oh cool" Gia said, "I'm sure you will love it here"

"Ofcourse she will" Ashley jumped in, "Bradhills high is the best school in the state, plus there are so many fun activities and fun people too" she told me.

"Well apart from a few" Ashley added.

"Oh yea, like Hayley and Chloe" Gia said, narrowing her eyes to look behind me. I turned around and saw Hayley and Chloe strutting into the cafeteria like they own the place.

"Those two are as bitchy as they come" Ashley spat.

"That bad?" I asked curiously.

"That bad" Ashley answered.

Then both Ashley and Gia started pointing out people on their table, introducing them and sharing a little history about them.

"you really do know everyone, don't you?" I said baffled.

"Trust me, we do" Gia smiled.

I looked towards Brad's table, he wasn't looking this time.
"What about them?" I asked deeply curious. They had talked about everyone except them.
They followed my stare to the boys table.

"Oh! those are our boyfriends" Gia answered  "Andre is my boyfriend"

"And Alec mine" Ashley added.

"Oh" I uttered, caught off guard by their answer. The girlfriends of the boys that approached me the previous day happened to be talking to me today.

What are the odds that this was just a coincidence.

"And Brad?" I asked further.

"Well, they're close friends, the three of them" Ashley answered.
"Speaking of boyfriends" Ashley then started, her full attention on me and for the first time, I didn't like where the conversation was heading to.