23

Layla

The next day at school, I felt somewhat lonely again. With everything that was going on in my life at the moment, I felt more weak by the day.

I walked up to my locker to get my books for my first class of the day. Immediately I opened my locker, I was startled as large colored balloons tried to find their way out of the tight space of my locker. I quickly pushed them back in and pushed the  door closed and looked at the locker carefully if it was mine.

It was very well mine.

I opened it again, still shocked, and took a good look at it. Aside from the balloons which I had pushed in, there was a bunch of rose flowers and a box of chocolate. I held in my hand, admiring it when I saw a card in between the petals.

"I'm sorry" it said.

I didn't even need to think twice before realising who it was from.

Brad.

Ofcourse it was him, I should have known better. If he thought that breaking into my locker and stuffing in flowers and chocolates was gonna fix what he did. He was so wrong. He needed to do so much more than that if he ever wanted me to forgive him.

I grabbed both the flower and chocolate and walked up to thw nearest bin, dumping them in it. I got back to my locker and punctured all the balloons angrily with my pen.

I got my book out and slammed the locker shut. I went to my first class and sat on my usual seat.  I dropped my book on the table but then I saw something on my desk.

It was a sticker that said I'm sorry.

You've got to be kidding me!

I looked over my shoulder to Brad's seat but he was not there. i once again peeled the sticker off my desk, squeezed it and got up from my seat, looking for the nearest bin. I threw it in and was about to get back to class when I heard my name.
I looked around but there was no one.

"Layla" I frowned turning left, right,  back,  front but nothing.

"Layla" it sounded more like a whisper so I started following the sound of the voice. I still wasn't seeing anyone in the hallway but I kept going. The moment I got in front of the ganitors closet, I heard the whisper again and before I could get the chance to react, I was pulled forcefully into the closet.

The door slammed behind me and whoever it was that pulled me pushed me against the door, slapping his hand over my mouth before I could scream.

When I got myself and looked at who was holding me, I got really angry.

"Let go of me" I pushed him away, although I was pretty sure it him who shifted by himself and not of my strength.

"Layla will you just give me a chance to explain" Brad said.

"Is that why you lured me here?" I asked in disbelief.

"Yes"

"Well I do not want to listen to anything you have to say" I wanted to open the door and leave but he pushed me again, this time pining both my hands on the wall.