15

Layla

I found myself in the library, typing away on the computer and also making sure to be discrete. They say all the answers you need to any question, you can find on the internet. So I was seeking answers, searching every possible question I could think of.

Unfortunately, I didn't find the answers I was looking for. All i found were myths and assumptions, stories, folktales even. There was no way this was real.

I am a full blooded human being and there is no way I would turn into an animal.

I turned off the computer in despair and left the library, looking for an empty spot to hide myself. I was not in my right mind to attend classes. Literally. My mind was all over the place.

I stayed hidden in the gymnasium, waiting until lunch period so I could get out of school. When the bell went off, i felt a sudden rush of uneasiness as I heard the noise of students in the hallway. The sound of footsteps that was echoing in my ears got me on edge.

All the footsteps I heard passed the door of the gymnasium except for two that came very close and then the door swung open revealing Ashley and Gia.

How did they find me?

"Layla, thankGod you're okay" Ashley said as they approached me.

"How are you? We are worried about you" Gia said and I eyed the both of them suspiciously.

"I'm not fine" I said truthfully. "But I'm guessing you already know  that" I crossed my arms and watched their reaction. They both looked at eachother and then looked at me. My ability to put two and two together became stronger the longer I watched them. Plus the fact that I could somehow feel that there was something different about them.

"There's something you need to know Layla" Gia started, after what seemed like an internal argument with the two of them.

"Yeah? That you are both werewolves?" Saying it out loud didn't make me believe it any more than I already did. Hell I still thought it was all crazy.

"Yes we are and... "

"So you guys were bitten by a wolf?" I cut Ashley off.

"No, we were born werewolves" Ashley answered.

"That sounds even more crazy" I ran my fingers through my hair in frustration.

"Layla, I know this is a lot for you to take in but you have to trust us and allow us help you" Gia said.

"Help me?" I repeated, "how are you supposed to help me" I questioned.

"We will tell you everything you need to know and teach you everything as well" Gia said

"But I don't want any of this. I just wanted a fresh start in my life and this was not what I meant by that" my voice went up an octave.

"Layla just calm down" Ashley tried to touch me and I flinched away from her fast. It was an involuntary action as I was feeling unnecessarily jumpy.